News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call disconnect at 10mins

Started by nkwd, June 24, 2011, 09:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkwd

Hi, I bought Obi100 and set google voice to call my family in China(from US). But from this week, when the call was reaching 10mins like 9:55 or 9:57, the call automatically disconnected. I have to diag again and disconnect again. I already update our firmware and have a good internet(15m/2m). So any solutions? Sorry if my English is not very good.

jimates

what you describe is generally a router issue.

nkwd

hmmm, my router is buffalo whp-hp-g54 with ddwrt 14896. but it worked flawless with italkbb over 2 years before...

Diana

Quote from: nkwd on June 25, 2011, 12:42:01 AM
hmmm, my router is buffalo whp-hp-g54 with ddwrt 14896. but it worked flawless with italkbb over 2 years before...

Why not connect the OBi100 directly to your modem and make an outgoing call to China.  Did the call get cutoff after 10 minutes?  If not, then it is a Router issue, possibly a setting somewhere.  Do you have a Stun Server set up? 

nkwd

Quote from: Diana on June 25, 2011, 08:34:00 AM
Quote from: nkwd on June 25, 2011, 12:42:01 AM

Why not connect the OBi100 directly to your modem and make an outgoing call to China.  Did the call get cutoff after 10 minutes?  If not, then it is a Router issue, possibly a setting somewhere.  Do you have a Stun Server set up? 
Thanks I will try to connect it directly tonight. No Stun Server...let me google what it is frst ;D

LeftRight

Try to call your China number from GMail through browser, and see if your call will also be cut around 10 minutes time point. OBi device should behave similarly as the Call Phone (GMail) does.

Also, does this problem happen before? or just this week? Are you running the latest firmware 2384? Try a different router might be also a good way to rule out router issue ...