News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

vestalink phone number

Started by pothound, February 01, 2016, 04:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pothound

i have a 2 yr contract with vestalink, which will be up in march. the service was good. because of the big increase in cost, i want to revert back to google voice. can i keep the phone number, and transfer to google voice?
thank you  pothound

DrewMan

Yes, you can port the number from VL to GV but you need to go through a mobile provider.  GV only takes ports in from mobile numbers.  When I have done this in the past I just add another line to my mobile service.  When the port from VL to the mobile provider is complete then I start the port to GV.  I think GV still charges $20 to port in numbers.

By the way... Vestalink matched my original promo price of $59.99 for unlimited for 2 years.  Just an FYI...

ceg3

Sounds like maybe Vestalink has learned from past mistakes of not honoring "fixed rates," losing me and others as subscribers.  I let it go after my rate went up 50.00 after the first year with my "fixed rate."

pothound

thank you. after thinking about it, it isn't worth the hassle keeping the number. the expense of a mobile service, then 20 dollars to google. i will let it go.
thank you again   pothound