December 14, 2017, 07:14:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any shortcut around the necessity to press 1 to "continue this call"?  (Read 15503 times)
hepcat72

« on: February 03, 2016, 06:03:06 am »

Hi,

I tried creating a contact in OBiON using a pause (like in the regular phone app) that looked like this:

**9-###-###-###,1

In the regular phone app, it interprets the "," as a pause so that you can enter an automatically dialed extension.  I thought this would be a good shortcut to needing to press 1... but it doesn't work.  I pasted the number with the pause and the "1" (because OBiON's keypad doesn't have a comma), but when I try to dial that number, I just hear an off-the-hook sound.

Is there a secret pause character I can use or is there any other way to indicate that yes, I'm indeed placing a call, without the need to press any other keys after having dialed?

Note, I don't know if this necessity to press 1 exists with every number you call.  I've only ever called my own VOIP number for my OBi200 at home (when my wife wasn't answering - I assume she couldn't find her phone) from my iPhone (using the OBiON app) at work.

Thanks,
Rob
azrobert
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 07:28:02 am »

You need to replace the OBiTalk inbound route on your OBi200. Use OBi Expert to do this.

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{>0:ph},{290123456>(xx.):sp1},{ph}

Change 290123456 to the OBi Number of the OBion App.
Dial zero to ring the OBi200 phone port.
Anything else will be routed out SP1.

If you don't need to make outbound calls on your OBi200 make this change:
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

Now dialing anything will ring the OBi200.

The above assumes you OBi200 is the gateway OBi for your OBion app.
Pauses will not work.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:02:19 am by azrobert » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: