News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

speed dial between 2 obis, circle of trust, etc

Started by switzer, June 24, 2011, 11:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

switzer

I am a complete novice just getting started with 2 obi's that are sp dial 2 and sp dial 3 and are registered in the same account.  One is hooked up to a line service [home unit] and the other will be using my GV [overseas travel unit].

1. Are they automatically in the same circle of trust?
2. Exactly how do I use speed dial to call between them?  Just pick up the phone and dial 3, say?
3. Will I automatically get the AA when I call between them? This would be OK.
4. I intend to forward my home line to my GV number and have incoming calls to my home line ring at my travel unit.  Will this work?
5.  From the travel unit I want to call the home unit and then use the AA to make calls in the US using the line service.  Will this work?

jimates

1. Yes, all devices in the same account have the same level of access to each other.
2. Each device is assigned a speed location in the other devices by  Obihai. Depends on which device you
   are calling from as to what speed dial number you need to dial to reach the specific device.
   Just dial the single digit for the assigned location and wait 2 seconds, the call will be placed.
3. Once Obitalk adds the devices to the circle of trust the default will be for all incoming calls from
    those devices to be sent to the AA.
4. Should work ok. You may have a reason for forwarding your home number to GV, such as using
    google's voice mail. You can have your home Obi forward, or fork, the calls to your remote Obi without
    going through GV.
5. Should work ok. If you only have the line connected (or have not changed the default line for outgoing calls) all calls placed through the AA will use the Line port.

switzer

Thanks for the prompt and useful replies to my questions.

Could you clarify for me how I forward calls that are made to my home phone directly to my remote Obi, without going through GV?  Do I just use the 9-digit Obi device number as the forwarding number or do I use the soft phone number that was assigned as the forwarding number [preceded by 1]?

RonR

Quote from: switzer on June 25, 2011, 03:27:35 PM
Could you clarify for me how I forward calls that are made to my home phone directly to my remote Obi, without going through GV?

If you want all calls that come into OBi #1 to be forwarded to OBi #2, simply dial the following from the telephone connected to OBi #1:

*72 **9 200123456#

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of OBi #2.

To cancel the forwarding, dial *73.