News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

**5 setup failing (no call route)

Started by darthMuzo, February 05, 2016, 05:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthMuzo

Just received my new OBi302.  I am trying to register it on the OBiTALK portal. 
Whenever I attempt the given **5 xxxx the OBi tells me, "There is no call route available to complete your call".

It's getting an IP address, and I can successfully do the **9 222-222-222 echo test.  The power LED remains solid for a while after it has obtained an IP address, but goes back to flashing regularly about twice a second.  Again (see below) I am confident it's getting an IP address because (a) echo test succeeds, and (b) I've been looking at/doing a lot through the built-in OBi admin page via that IP.

The OBi Internet port is attached to a LAN port on my Netcomm NB9WMAXXn.  I don't believe this unit has a SIP ALG feature to disable, but happy to be shown I'm wrong.  I was previously using it as the VoIP unit but the VoIP portion went flaky.  I've disabled everything VoIP-related in it I can find.

Here's some of the things I've tried:
- Set router DMZ host to to the OBi.
- Enabled the WAN admin ability on the OBi and manually set the DNS servers to 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8.
- Updated the firmware to the latest (at time of writing, 3.1.0 (Build: 5110)).
- Enabled the syslog output and viewed it in a syslog server.  During the **5 xxxx sequence you don't get much log output apart from the DTMF detection and eventual ringback tone and sit_1 tone generation.

I would consider bypassing the OBiTALK portal admin of the device and just do it locally, but it looks like this firmware only offers a cut-down admin interface (no ability to set SP1, SP2 etc).

So frustrated.  Any help would be appreciated.

SteveInWA

Is this really an OBi 302, and not a 202?  If it's a 302, did you buy it brand new from an authorized distributor, or did you get it used?

darthMuzo

Thanks for the reply, Steve.

Purchased new from http://www.warcom.com.au/
As far as I can tell, it's a real 302.  On the sticker on the bottom; on the admin status page - identifies as an OBi302, h/w version 1.4.

Next thing I was thinking of ruling out is the modem it's behind, if I can.  Maybe unplug everything and set it to bridged mode if I can't borrow a simple single-port modem from a friend.

darthMuzo

I wonder if the cut-down admin GUI is because the unit believes it should be auto-provisioned?
I'm able to disable each type of auto-provisioning except LUA script - that one consistently tells me the OBi is busy and won't apply the 'disable'.

darthMuzo

Progress:
After emailing Obihai support (responsive today!), they have identified that the faster flashing green power LED is because the 'customisation state' has not been set, which should have been done by the distributor.
In Australia I believe the distributor has just changed hands, and this unit was stock from the 'old' distributor.
Obihai support have now set the customisation state and I'm on to the next problem where I'm getting a good voice response from the **5 operation, but the portal is refusing with, "Failed to add device: This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!".  Back to support.
Stay tuned.

SteveInWA

Thanks for the updates.  Yes, that's why I asked about whether or not it was a 302 vs. 202, and where you obtained it.  The 302s are meant to be used by managed service providers, and so your unit was probably configured to use that other service provider.  I don't know if Obihai will be able to remove that or not.  Good luck.

darthMuzo

Final status:
Obihai support resolved the final issue, and I am now able to administer the 302 via the webpage.  Today, I got it going with the two VSPs I wanted, and this guide was pure gold for short-cutting me on the setup and dial-plans:
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi-VoIP-Device-Australian-Localisation-Workbook-v1-1.pdf

I do like the level of indirection with the dial-plans (naming short pieces of digit maps and then being able to refer to the names in higher-level config strings).  It's a bit less oblique than the SPA3102 this replaced.

SteveInWA

Good news!  Thanks for closing the loop with this on your successful outcome.

NoelB

Quote from: darthMuzo on February 06, 2016, 01:41:43 AM
Thanks for the reply, Steve.

Purchased new from http://www.warcom.com.au/
As far as I can tell, it's a real 302.  On the sticker on the bottom; on the admin status page - identifies as an OBi302, h/w version 1.4.

This is strange because I just rang warcom and they only stock the 110 and the 202 and I have never seen a 302 listed on their website.  Distributors of billion and fritzbox have changed recently but not obi. It sounds like it may be returned stock from a voice service provider previously provisioned so I would ask warcom where it came from and about warranty.  It may be worth requesting replacement with a 202.

Konos

darthMuzo. Could you please elaborate on this?
How was resolution achieved?

QuoteObihai support resolved the final issue, and I am now able to administer the 302 via the webpage.

cheers