News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound Voice fading in and out.

Started by PortableTech, June 25, 2011, 01:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PortableTech

Greetings All,

I am having issues in the last few weeks where I have started getting many comments from people telling me that they can not understand me, or that I am cutting out very badly.  I decided to do some testing today and tried a test call to the **9 222 222 222 number and sure enough, it really fades in and out on a very regular basis,  almost like it was following a wave guide.  What is repeated back to me will go from perfectly clear, to faded, to nothing over about 3-5 second cycles.

In troubleshooting I have tried different phones with no change, and I also attempted to adjust the ChannelTxGain up as high as 25 to see if that would help, but to no success.  I have also shut down all traffic on my 40MB/5MB internet connection just to make sure this is somehow not related to lack of bandwidth and there is no improvement there either. 

I am really at a loss as to what the issue may be at this point in time, but would love any thoughts or ideas anyone might have out there.  As it stands now, the Obi has become unusable.  We have had it for several months now and never had any issues, so whatever has changed is just in the past few weeks. 

--PortableTech

LeftRight

How is the voice of other party when you are on a normal phone call? Does the voice come up and down on your side too?

If you call into your Obi auto attendant (as a trusted number), do you experience the voice fade in/out?

PortableTech

There is no fade in or fade out on the audio I receive, it is perfectly clear, only to the audio I send out.

twaint

same issue here, about to return this thing-- incoming sounds ok, not great. But outgoing signal fades out and gets heavily garbled to every # I've tried.

dysprosi

I had the same issue and for me it seemed related to my upload speeds. When I had torrents uploading I had the issue; when I shut down the torrents it went away.

earthtoobi

if Upload bandwidth is less, then Qos on Obi Mac address with highest priority would help.am using a tomato router and it works great. all the audio issues i had previously were a thing of the past.

twaint

hmmm... no uploading here as i'm trying to just get it working--NOTHING else on the network, although it would suck if you couldn't use the internet and talk on the phone at the same time.