News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI_wifi setup

Started by tzipa, February 11, 2016, 06:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tzipa

hi all;   i connected my computer to the obi_wifi network, but when i try to open up the http; all i get is a message that "URL is not found". I would appreciate any advice on what to do.
Thanks

drgeoff

tzipa

yes i am and it is nt working  :(      the http just comes up as URL not found

drgeoff

Your computer needs to be set to get its IP address automatically.  ("DHCP" not "static. ) If not change it.

Reboot the PC and try again.

tzipa

been there done that,   still same problem  HELP :o

SteveInWA

Do this, instead:

• Temporarily connect your OBi to your router using an Ethernet cable.
  • On the phone attached to the OBi, key ***1 and listen to the voice read your IP address.  Write it down.
  • Enter that IP address in your web browser to get into the OBi's internal configuration web page.
  • Click on "OBiWiFi Configuration" and then "WiFi Scan" and configure the SSID and password from there.
  • Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click "Submit" to save your settings.
  • You should then be able to power off the OBi, unplug the Ethernet cable, power it back on, and use it over WiFi.

tzipa

thanks a mill ;D ;D, will attempt in the AM.   Shout out for steveo!!!!!!!!!!

drgeoff

Additional to SteveInWA's suggestion, if (and only if) your OBi is an OBi202:

1. Plug your computer into the LAN socket on the 202, not its other ethernet socket nor into your router.

2. Ignore the ***1 procedure.  Just point the browser to 192.168.10.1.

tzipa

thanks doc but its aobi200
Steve-worked, now when i connnect to the wifi i cant make or receive any calls, not sure what the prob is, any tips?

drgeoff

Quote from: tzipa on February 12, 2016, 11:48:54 AM
thanks doc but its aobi200
Steve-worked, now when i connnect to the wifi i cant make or receive any calls, not sure what the prob is, any tips?

It is next to impossible to give you any tips when you have given so little information.

Have you had things working OK when using ethernet instead of Wi-Fi?  If this is a completely new installation, how far though the set up and Service Provider configuration have you got?