News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Advice needed, I do not have a forwarding phone.

Started by JimmyJ, February 14, 2016, 08:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taoman

Chances are you didn't follow Steve's detailed instructions. Did you do this?

QuoteVerify that you also have "Google Chat" listed as one of your forwarding targets on the list.  If you want to receive calls via GV on your OBi, you must have a check mark next to Google Chat.  If you are going to instead forward inbound calls to a SIP ITSP (Callcentric, Anveo, voip.ms, etc.) phone number, then don't check the Chat box, but instead, add and check-mark the SIP ITSP phone number to your GV forwarding phone list, and later, add it to your OBi as another Service Provider.

JamesJay

Still no ring.

Taoman

Quote from: JamesJay on February 17, 2016, 11:59:52 AM

Still no ring.

Then at this point I would look at your OBi's call history and see if the incoming call is even making it to your OBi device.

Open a browser and go to the local ip address of your OBi.
Password is admin for both fields
Status>Call history

LTN1

Quote from: JamesJay on February 17, 2016, 11:59:52 AM

Still no ring.

That picture of Google chat checked has a little time icon next to it--which leads me to suspect that the forwarding to Google chat is on a time schedule. You might want to click Edit then make sure it is checked where it says, "Always ring on weekdays (and below that) Always ring on weekends." It may not solve the problem but just check it out.

JamesJay

Quote from: LTN1That picture of Google chat checked has a little time icon next to it--which leads me to suspect that the forwarding to Google chat is on a time schedule. You might want to click Edit then make sure it is checked where it says, "Always ring on weekdays (and below that) Always ring on weekends." It may not solve the problem but just check it out.

That was it, she is a ringin! :D

SteveInWA

Look:  I've tried to be very patient with you, but you need to spend more time reading the instructions and understanding what you are doing.

To receive phone calls on the OBi, you must have a check mark in the box to the left of "Google Chat", on the Google Voice Settings page, Phones tab:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

This is all explained in my instructions, linked in my earlier answer above.

JamesJay

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 17, 2016, 03:08:39 PM
Look:  I've tried to be very patient with you, but you need to spend more time reading the instructions and understanding what you are doing.

To receive phone calls on the OBi, you must have a check mark in the box to the left of "Google Chat", on the Google Voice Settings page, Phones tab:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

This is all explained in my instructions, linked in my earlier answer above.

You are correct, I did very little actual reading , I have since read your instructions and I will do a little more reading in the forum today.

In any case I appreciate you guys' help getting mine set-up for the first time. My OBi200 is working perfectly and as it stands I will save a nice chunk of money by using this OBi200 and Google Chat vs Comcast's VoIP service, savings will be about ~$600 a year.:)