News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 ports to Anveo, no phones working, NO JOY

Started by Weck, February 15, 2016, 07:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weck

Can anyone help? Here is my last post to Anveo support, to which i have had no response. Just sent this same letter to Obi Support and am waiting to see if i hear anything from them. In the meantime if anyone has any info that would help (other than i should not have used Anveo) it would be appreciated.

Yesterday's ticket #  C3195044

Still Have major problems. Yesterday, i ported 2 Ringto accts over to Anveo. I got some help from Anveo on the 2nd one. And now that seems to be properly ported.

We have to phone systems in this house. Both are on the Obi 100 devices. Prior to the porting, both devices have worked without incident.

Phone A:  xxx xxx xxxx
Problems: 1. When making outbound call, it takes 15+ seconds to hear the ringing start at the other phone.    
   2. Calls don't make it thru to other party, they hear thier fone ring and answer but the line is dead.
   3. Callers seem to be able to call in, (tho it is hard to say for sure that we are not missing          calls)and we answer and can talk ok, Good quality.
   4. Cannot call phone B, call starts ringing phone B at about 22 seconds, phone B rings nomally and            caller id works, but answering call does not work, dead line.

Phone B:  (xxx) xxx xxxx

1. Calling phone A, sometimes will ring but cannot answer, dead air. Caller id works and shows that
          Phone b called. Sometimes i just get an error message.
   2.  Calls don't make it thru to other party, they hear their fone ring and answer but the line is dead.
   3. Callers seem to be able to call in, (tho it is hard to say for sure that we are not missing          calls)and we answer and can talk ok, Good quality.
   4. Cannot call phone A, call starts ringing phone B at about 22 seconds, phone A rings normally and            caller id works, but answering call does not work, dead line.
   5. Have noticed that Obi 100 for phone B, has the Phone light go out for short time when Phone B is not       being used. This never happened until the porting over to Anveo.

Obi 100 for phone B is connected to a second router in the home and has been for a long time, the other is connected directly to the wifi router. Can't see that making a difference, but still wanted to mention it. Again this whole configuration worked without issue before the porting over.

Obviously this is a major problem for us. Please help poor me.

Thanx, Scott

Update, tried using our 2 different obi phones to call one another using the 9 digit Obi number and they work that way, good quality. This tells me there is still no problem with the two phone systems.

dircom

you say "Prior to the porting, both devices have worked without incident."

please explain how each of your obi's were configured before.

Weck

I have a small comp repair shop in bsmnt. Obi fone A is plugged into a router down there and fone B is plugged into a 1st fl. router. This configuration worked with ring.to just fine. Nothing in the house has changed other than my porting over to Anveo on Friday.

Just received a response from Anveo:

A. B
1. Please let me know,do you have the issue with the delay for all outgoing calls or if you are calling to specific phone number?
2. The most common reason of one-way audio is SIP ALG feature in your router configuration. Your internet is router blocking/misrouting incoming audio packets.
Please review  http://www.obihai.com/faq/sip-alg for more details and investigate the issue with your router.

I corrected them on "one way audio", I have zero audio at both ends of outgoing calls. When calling Obi to Obi, I have full duplex, works fine, that is why i didn't consider the Sip/Alg possbility, particularly when it worked with Ring.to

thanx for the response, regards Scott

Weck

Well, got my phones working. It was the Belkin router that has no sip alg setting available to user. Reconfigured some wires between modem, 2 routers and switch and all is well. I might have thought of the sip issue eventually. It worked with ringto because they still use xmpp and anveo does not.

thanks to all

rolandh

RingTo does not use XMPP. It uses SIP but registers on UDP port 9060 (TCP port 9060 for iOS), so that was, likely, the reason for bypassing SIP ALG.

Happy to hear you're up and running. That's all that really matters.