News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem with UVerse installation

Started by Joseph, June 26, 2011, 08:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph

Hi.
So, we have AT&T Uverse here. That's phone, TV, and Internet.
Tried installing Obi 110 on what I've been using as the fax line. I got confused and selected my Google voice as the number for Obi. Shouldn't have done that.
Once I had everything hooked up, suddenly my Google voice number was routed to the fax machine. That's not what I had in mind at all. Even worse, the original fax number was no longer functional. Can't receive my faxes, because that line no longer works. The fax number still rings on the other telephones, but the outlet where Obi was connected is dead.
I then erased my Google Voice number from Obi 110. So, Google voice no longer rings on the fax. Yeah!
However, I wasn't able to get that line to work.
The outlet, where I had Obi connected continues to be dead. What I mean is that after I disconnected Obi completely, and tried to reconnect the fax machine to the original outlet, the fax machine reports that that there is "No line". I've tried attaching other phones that work on other outlets in the house, but they don't identify that outlet. It seems like there's no more telephone signal on that line.
One more hint. While Obi was still connected to phone line and Internet, and even after I'd removed it, for a short while there was no service on any of the phone lines (we have two different numbers and several outlets.) Then, service was restored on the other phone number, and a few minutes later the phones on the fax phone number were ringing. Only the exact outlet that Obi had originally been connected to continues to be dead for the last three weeks or so.
Will reconnecting Obi and resetting it restore that phone outlet?

bagby

That's an interesting set of problems!  Have you resolved this yet?

Is your fax line completely separate? Physically, I mean?  I don't really understand your setup if it isn't, but if that's the case, I think you should try cycling power to the gateway -- pull the plug for a slow count of 20, then let it come back up (takes a couple of minutes). After that, check the fax line again.

OBiSupport

Hi Joseph,

We are not clear about your OBi setup, though we suspect you might have mistakenly connect OBi FXS port to your PSTN line port, which causes the outlet not functional. Would you please send us a email at: support@obihai.com ? please also state your 9-digit OBi number, we like to offer our help on this issue.

thank you,

- Obihai support

RonR

I suspect Joseph found a solution on his own or has given up by now:

Last Active: June 27, 2011, 01:23:41 PM