News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Calls Are Being Redirected To Samsung's 1800 Number

Started by princessbt, September 20, 2018, 01:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princessbt

Google Voice Calls Are Being Redirected to Samsung's 1800 Number

Hello, I have the OBi202 and a Google Voice Number. When someone calls my Google Number the phone call is being redirected to Samsung's 1800 number. I already checked the Obihai account and my Google Account to see if the Samsung Phone number is being used to forward calls from the Google Number to Samsung but this is not the case. If someone calls the Google Voice number then they get Samsung. When the call connects the fake voice recording comes on to welcome me back using my first name. I called Samsung to assist me with this but they say they cannot do anything. I feel like my phone has been hijacked and the account has been compromised. I am able to make outgoing calls. The incoming calls are being redirected to Samsung. I would like to know how I can proceed so if someone calls they will reach me and not Samsung. I was directed to the forum via after reaching out to the Obihai Facebook Page. Thank you.

drgeoff

Remove the power from your OBi202 and test if calls to your GV number still go to Samsung.  If they do, it is nothing to do with Obihai or your OBi202.