News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

200 Sale Today 2/25/16 At Newegg

Started by ceg3, February 25, 2016, 06:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

Get an OBi200 for 33.99 for the next couple of days using   EMCEGGJ64 promo code.

ez-obi

I was thinking of upgrading from an Obi100 to a Obi200 and configuring the Obi100 for a friend because of the discount. However I have been reading various post that said that if you want to make basic changes to an old Obi100 firmware you are first required to pay $10.00 to upgrade the firmware weather you want an upgrade or not. Only when you upgrade the firmware you are "allowed" to make basic changes.

Making basic changes such as deleting a service provider and adding a service provider etc. were inherit features of the old Obi100 firmware we paid for when I purchased the original Obi100 device.  Obihai advertised that their device will work with different service providers of your choice. (The Obi100 was advertised to have up to two different service providers.)

On the other hand I have read some post that said that you can still dial ***6 for a firmware upgrade or download the firmware upgrade from a download site to upgrade from your PC. On yet another hand, in the post I have read there are suspicions on weather you are really getting the latest firmware upgrades with the alternative upgrade options. The download site said the latest the last firmware upgrade for the Obi100 was in 2014.  Do the alternative means to get the latest firmware upgrades really get the latest firmware upgrade?

With these changes at Obihai, I have my own suspicions. Will upgrading the obi100 to the latest operating system mean that my friend has to pay $10.00 each year even if my friend does not make any changes to his service whatsoever?

SteveInWA

Quote from: ez-obi on February 27, 2016, 01:57:18 PM
I was thinking of upgrading from an Obi100 to a Obi200 and configuring the Obi100 for a friend because of the discount. However I have been reading various post that said that if you want to make basic changes to an old Obi100 firmware you are first required to pay $10.00 to upgrade the firmware weather you want an upgrade or not. Only when you upgrade the firmware you are "allowed" to make basic changes.

Making basic changes such as deleting a service provider and adding a service provider etc. were inherit features of the old Obi100 firmware we paid for when I purchased the original Obi100 device.  Obihai advertised that their device will work with different service providers of your choice. (The Obi100 was advertised to have up to two different service providers.)

On the other hand I have read some post that said that you can still dial ***6 for a firmware upgrade or download the firmware upgrade from a download site to upgrade from your PC. On yet another hand, in the post I have read there are suspicions on weather you are really getting the latest firmware upgrades with the alternative upgrade options. The download site said the latest the last firmware upgrade for the Obi100 was in 2014.  Do the alternative means to get the latest firmware upgrades really get the latest firmware upgrade?

With these changes at Obihai, I have my own suspicions. Will upgrading the obi100 to the latest operating system mean that my friend has to pay $10.00 each year even if my friend does not make any changes to his service whatsoever?

For Pete's sake, browse the forum.  That's a bunch of nonsense.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10065.msg66480#msg66480