News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New OBi200 and 3 Google Voice accounts

Started by thelug, March 03, 2016, 10:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelug

Hello, I have everything setup it would seem, all 3 accounts are added and show connected. I can make outgoing calls, and my main GV line will get incoming calls. But if the other 2 numbers are called my Obi line doesn't ring. Am i missing something?

SteveInWA

Inbound calling to Google Voice is controlled by the settings on the Phones tab of Google Voice Settings:

https://www.google.com/voice#phones

You must have a check mark to the left of the "Google Chat" entry, to forward inbound calls to your OBi.

Also, on the OBiTALK portal dashboard for your device, you can select which Service Provider (SP1--SP4) will ring on inbound calls.  Make sure you have a check mark next to the "Incoming Calls Will Ring On" setting for each SPn.

thelug

Awesome I did not have Google Talk check on the Voice side. I cannot find ("Incoming Calls Will Ring On" setting for each SPn) on the OBiTalk page.

LTN1

Quote from: thelug on March 04, 2016, 08:16:39 AM
Awesome I did not have Google Talk check on the Voice side. I cannot find ("Incoming Calls Will Ring On" setting for each SPn) on the OBiTalk page.

Just take the cursor (arrow) and move it over the "SP1, SP2, SP3, etc." on the left hand column on the OBiTalk page--and if you click it, you will be asked to accept Emergency Service Calls--click accept and it will take you to where you can configure "incoming calls will ring on...."

thelug

Quote from: LTN1 on March 04, 2016, 11:14:35 AM

Just take the cursor (arrow) and move it over the "SP1, SP2, SP3, etc." on the left hand column on the OBiTalk page--and if you click it, you will be asked to accept Emergency Service Calls--click accept and it will take you to where you can configure "incoming calls will ring on...."

So I do that but I have no options in that screen for incoming calls, only outgoing calls.

SteveInWA

Quote from: thelug on March 04, 2016, 11:19:40 AM

So I do that but I have no options in that screen for incoming calls, only outgoing calls.

LTN1

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 04, 2016, 02:01:32 PM

When I originally replied to OP's question, I was tempted to say WTF? Cool heads tempered my response to really provide instructions on how to get to that page. However, once on that page, I can't help someone with literacy or optical issues.

thelug

Quote from: LTN1 on March 04, 2016, 03:36:22 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on March 04, 2016, 02:01:32 PM

When I originally replied to OP's question, I was tempted to say WTF? Cool heads tempered my response to really provide instructions on how to get to that page. However, once on that page, I can't help someone with literacy or optical issues.
Thanks everyone for the help. I have no literacy or optical issues, the option is not there. I have attached a screenshot to put the internet wolves at bay. Thanks for only passively aggressively being a jerk!

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

SteveInWA

As far as I can tell after looking at all my OBi devices, the check-mark option on the OBiTALK page I referenced doesn't appear when the SP is configured for Google Voice (vs. a SIP provider) on the OBi 200; sorry for the confusion.

The check mark to the left of Google Chat, on the correct Google Voice account's settings page, should be sufficient to make it ring on the OBi, as long as you are not also using Simonics gateway. 

LTN1

Quote from: thelug on March 04, 2016, 04:18:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. I have no literacy or optical issues, the option is not there. I have attached a screenshot to put the internet wolves at bay. Thanks for only passively aggressively being a jerk!

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

Apologies. Actually, I'm the one with the literacy problem. I am currently using an OBi202 and didn't realize that the option isn't in the OBi200.

thelug

I now have 2 of the 3 numbers working. Still trying to figure out the 3rd one.