News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I run 2 OBI100s off the same router?

Started by andyha, June 27, 2011, 07:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyha

I would like to run 2 OBI100s on my router. Is this possible? I have one now with Freephoneline and Google voice. It works fantastic.
I am using it to make calls from my cell phone using the Auto Attendant. Only problem is the CID is my home number. To get around this I thought I could get another OBI100 and another Freephoneline number, port my existing business number to the FPL line, then have this number forward my business calls to my cell and in turn when I dial through the new obi100 from my cell phone my CID would match my business number. My cell plan gives me unlimited calls to one number for 10 bucks a month, so if I can do this that is all I would be paying for my cell phone.

Is this doable?? (not like that Southwest Pilot meant ;)

RonR

Quote from: andyha on June 27, 2011, 07:27:49 PM
I would like to run 2 OBI100s on my router. Is this possible?

You should be able to run as many OBi's as you have Ethernet ports.  I have an OBi100 and an OBi110 coexisting on the same router.  You may have to change SIP/RTP ports on the second OBi, but don't worry about that until it becomes necessary.

jimates

I have 3 Obi's on my router without any extra configuration. One Nettalk Duo shared between all three and 5 google voice numbers.