News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dail plan & Digi map....So confused

Started by frostiex, September 15, 2011, 08:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frostiex

I have been reading the dail plans for days and it seems I am getting more and more confuse. It seems some posts uses digplan to route calls and others use the out bound route...ugg..
Everything is working as it should when I dail **1 , **2 and **8

Maybe an expert can help me.

My setup:
     sp1: VOIP service  (This is my primary line right now)
     sp2: google voice
     PSTN: POTS    (This number will be ported once I can confirm there are no call issues with my VOIP and google voice line)

I want to be able to use my handet setup so that ALL LD Canadian / US and international calls go out of google voice, but all 587 and 403 area code goes out of my voip line.
I just want to be able to recieve calls from my POTS. But I want to keep the options of able to keep the **1 and **2 and **8 for manual dailing.

how should I do this?

RonR

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mrdm))

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX:

Label : rdm

DigitMap:

(<**2>1xxxxxxxxxx|<**21>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**21aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|
<**1>1403xxxxxxx|<**11>403xxxxxxx|<**1>1587xxxxxxx|<**11>587xxxxxxx|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Replace all occurrences of aaa with your local area code.

7/10/11 digits  ->  SP2 Service
             011+  ->  SP2 Service
        403/587  ->  SP1 Service

frostiex

Thanks for the help!!

My local area code is 403 and 587, these are all local here...so how do I add both to the user define digi map?

as well, do I leave ipd config under user digimap or do I over write it with the rdm one mention above?
I under stand the digimap for the sp1 and spa and the physical interface one. what is the user defined digitmapx for?

RonR

Quote from: frostiex on September 17, 2011, 10:10:01 AM
My local area code is 403 and 587, these are all local here...so how do I add both to the user define digi map?

The local area code (aaa) business is for 7-digit dialing.  If you want 7-digit dialing support, you will have to choose a single area code for it to work with.  You can't dial a 7-digit number and have the OBi figure out which of the two local area codes you meant for it to go to.  If you don't want 7-digit dialing support, simply remove those rules.

as well, do I leave ipd config under user digimap or do I over write it with the rdm one mention above?

You don't bother the ipd User Defined DigitMap.  You configure the rdm DigitMap in any unused User Defined Digit Map.

I under stand the digimap for the sp1 and spa and the physical interface one. what is the user defined digitmapx for?

Your requirement:

Quote from: frostiex on September 15, 2011, 08:35:00 PM
But I want to keep the options of able to keep the **1 and **2 and **8 for manual dailing.

made it necessary to have a separate DigitMap to accomplish the routing your requested without interferring with the normal operation of SP1/SP2/LINE Port DigiMaps.  The rdm User Defined DigitMap serves as the replacement for your PrimaryLine DigitMap so that all original functioning of **1 and **2 and **8 remains intact.

frostiex

I don't really care for 7 digit dialling. I just want to be able to call thru SP1 every time I dial 403-xxx-xxxx or 587-xxx-xxxx and everytime i dial 1+area code+xxx-xxxx or 011+x? goes thru google voice.

so for the user defined digit map, It should be like this?

(<**2>1xxxxxxxxxx|<**21>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|<**1>1403xxxxxxx|<**11>403xxxxxxx|<**1>1587xxxxxxx|<**11>587xxxxxxx|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

RonR

Yes, and you can remove the same rule from ITSP Profile A and ITSP Profile B DigitMaps.

The way it stands, with or without a leading 1, 403 and 507 area codes (i.e. 10 or 11 digits) go to SP1.  To use SP2, dial **2 plus number (10 or 11 digits).