News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendant

Started by deinck, March 07, 2016, 04:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deinck

Hi - I have a 1022 handset and have found that other callers who reach my VM seem to be reaching what I'm assuming to be the Obi Auto Attendant.  I'm not entirely sure even what it does or if I would like to have it enabled ;-).  I found Auto Attendant under Voice Service with the Adv Config where I attempted to disable, but didn't look to help.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

drgeoff

I suggest that you first confirm that it really is the OBi's AA that your callers are reaching?  What prompts are they hearing?

deinck

hi - appreciate the reply!
caller hears 'press 1 2' to cont call etc. They need to in order to continue or to be able to leave a VM.

deinck

deinck

i'm nearly 100% certain its the Obi attendant.  the call receives "Welcome to Obi Attendant" (though a bit tough to understand).  then..."  press 1 2 to continue this call" and then lists out other options,  etc

azrobert

Did you add these callers to your Trusted Callers list?
Login to OBiTalk
On the top left of the page click Trusted Callers
Click the red X to delete the entry and Save

If that doesn't work, use OBi Expert to modify your configuration
Assuming you provider is defined on SP1

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute

Remove any rule that looks similar to:
"{(x.8005551212|x.8005551313):aa},"

Both boxes to the right of the value must be uncheck to view or change it
Click Submit

deinck

ok that seems to have worked.
It did wipe out the chaining of two devices that I think you yourself helped me setup in the past did have a value of:ph,pp(300839078).  ZBut at this point having this matter resolved is the most important -  Thanks again!  :D

azrobert

That rule is to fork the inbound call over the OBiTalk network to another device.
Look for a rule in the other device's OBiTalk config that routes the call to the AA and remove it.

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute

deinck

ok interesting....I may give that a go - thanks as always!