News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 & anveo, No Joy

Started by bevjeanweckel, March 09, 2016, 07:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevjeanweckel

Here I go again. . . .

Running two obi 100's, roughly 1 month ago we switched them both to anveo since ring.to went paid. Had a lot of trouble with the initial setup but got it sorted out eventually. Had two weeks of great service and now they have both gone belly up again. Nothing in the home changed, in fact we were out of town for 2 days. They worked up until 5 min. before leaving and when home they are both showing "register failed 401   unauthorized". I have deleted sp1 and reprovisioned, it will then come up as registered but sp2 will now show the same "register failed 401   unauthorized", fix that one and sp1 is back to "register failed 401   unauthorized". This is all on phone sys A, sys B was working still. Now with all the unplugging and cable switching, restarting and an occasional rain dance, sys B is now belly up too. I have also gone into expert settings and unchecked the itsp sip a and b for both on the sip accounts on sys A, as suggested by obihai for routers that don't have sip/alg settings available. I ran out and bought a new wifi router (linksys n300) that has sip/alg and had no luck with that either. Pretty much at wits end with this. If this system/configuration can't successfully reset or reprovision it self after a router/modem restart, or even an occasional power outage, then what good is it.  Any one with any thoughts or hints, it would be appreciated. When chkng my anveo acct, all seems to be in order, and both accts ( for the two systems we have) are less than a month old, paid up  etc.

Here is the last email to obi support from my initial problems about 3 weeks ago. It might give some more info:

We have two phone systems in this house. Both are on the Obi 100 devices. Prior to the porting, both devices have worked without incident.
Phone A:  xxx xxx xxxx
Problems: 1. When making outbound call, it takes 15+ seconds to hear the ringing start at the other phone.     
        2. Calls don't make it thru to other party, they hear thier fone ring and answer but the line is dead.
        3. Callers seem to be able to call in, (tho it is hard to say for sure that we are not missing calls)and we answer and can talk ok, Good quality.
        4. Cannot call phone B, call starts ringing phone B at about 22 seconds, phone B rings nomally and caller id works, but answering call does not work, dead line.

Phone B:  (xxx xxx xxxx

1. Calling phone A, sometimes will ring but cannot answer, dead air. Caller id works and shows that
           Phone b called. Sometimes i just get an error message.
        2.  Calls don't make it thru to other party, they hear their fone ring and answer but the line is dead.
        3. Callers seem to be able to call in, (tho it is hard to say for sure that we are not missing calls)and we answer and can talk ok, Good quality.
        4. Cannot call phone A, call starts ringing phone B at about 22 seconds, phone A rings normally and caller id works, but answering call does not work, dead line.
        5. Have noticed that Obi 100 for phone B, has the Phone light go out for short time when Phone B is not being used. This never happened untill the porting over to Anveo.
Obi 100 for phone B is connected to a second router in the home and has been for a long time, the other is connected directly to the wifi router. Can't see that making a difference,

All of this above is still pertinent to my issue.

I wonder if I made a mistake using this system. I am the caregiver for my elderly mom, and she needs to have a reliable phone for the few times when I am able to get out of the house, The only thing that keeps me trying is that I had good service while using obi 100 and ring.to, I have also used magic jack years ago and then google voice jack. Didn't have any of these problems with any of those.
Thanks, scott

SteveInWA

Why are you re-posting the same issue you already posted, and got responses, in another thread, here?

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11025.0

Although that discussion was started in the wrong place, it's active.

Weck

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 09, 2016, 12:01:55 PM
Why are you re-posting the same issue you already posted, and got responses, in another thread, here?

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11025.0

Although that discussion was started in the wrong place, it's active.

Well, Steve, I thought that the first post might have been put in a better category. So i reposted, then went back to remove the original, but caught myself and decided to let it remain on the chance that someone who might have a solution for me would come across it there. Guess u might say it was out of desperation, being with no phones on both of my Obitalk systems. Gotta say at that point i was so pissed off about the whole thing that i really wasn't concerned about offending the delicate sensibilities of the Obi Forum protocols. Maybe i should go remove the first one after all, i wouldn't want them to get mad at me and make my phone system stop working. Or no wait. . . . 

SteveInWA

My only point was, that you will just end up with different people interacting with you on different discussions, which won't be the most productive way to help you.

Now that you are here, I believe your issue is probably related to your Anveo service.  However, you mentioned SIP ALG.  Note that you must DISable SIP ALG support on your router, which seems counter-intuitive, but it is an essentially useless feature that interferes with SIP VoIP hardware.  Have you disabled that setting on your router?

If so, can you reliably use the OBiTALK network to call the echo test server at **9 222 222 222 from both of your OBi 100s?  If not, you have a home network problem.  If you can call the echo test server, can you call one OBi from the other, and vice versa?  To do this, key in **9 and then the OBi number that is printed on the bottom of the device, or shown on your OBiTALK device portal.

Let's start with that, and then move on to the next troubleshooting steps.

I know that others mentioned the reliability of using a solution like this for an elderly person.  I will just concur and say that, as an over-60 person myself, who has taken care of elders who were sick and/or had terminal illnesses, it's not worth saving a few bucks to risk a telephone outage, which, aside from the danger of no 911 service, stresses out elderly folks, who have a lot of time to focus on worrying about loss of contact.

bevjeanweckel

Hey Steve, thanks for the second response. Sorry i couldn't get back to u till now. I am, once again up and running on both systems. I reconfigured my router, switch and modem setup. Running both Obi's thru the router that has ability to disable sip/alg. One directly off the router and the other thru the second router that is now set up as an extender, leaving dhcp to be served from the 1st router. The real puzzle here is why did it work fine for 2+ wks and then spontaneously go dead in the water? So it has been three days now since i got it working. Now when i go to either acct page on Obitalk, it tells me that sp1 is registered and sp2 is not. However, i tried the 911 test dial of 933 and both systems work fine on 911, so what's up wit dat? At this point it is not a deal breaker since calls are coming and going on both accts so. . . .

Will see how long everything holds together. My next thing is to try and obion to except my login, it won't and i have seen that many others are having the same prob.

At any rate, thanks for the input and BTW, never have heard anything from Obi on my support ticket that i sent well over a wk ago. Wondering if they are ready for prime time  phone stuff.

Scott

SteveInWA

SP1 and SP2 are two separate sets of configuration data, to allow you to use two different VoIP telephone service providers.  If you didn't set up service on SP2, it will show as not registered.  If you did set up service on SP2, then you'll need to provide more information about which service provider it is, etc.