News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 configuration with 4 phone lines

Started by Jyea, March 09, 2016, 11:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jyea

I have the OBi202 device and I'm having trouble configuring the device to support my (4) google voice phone numbers. 

Obi support suggested to put the Obi in my DMZ setting on my router which I did.

Only 2 phone lines are working properly.  I need to know how to configure the wiring from the obi device to my (4) line phone and what the configuration settings in Obi talk should be to handle incoming and outgoing calls from each line.

Thank you, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

SteveInWA

What, exactly, in detail, are you trying to accomplish?

The OBi 202 supports TWO physical telephone lines, not four.  You use the OBiTALK portal to point your four logical SPn slots to either of those two line ports, L1 or L2.

L1 is electrically wired as a two-line, RJ-14 jack, whereby line 1 is on the center two pins, and line 2 is on the outer two pins.  Typically, this is used with a four-wire telephone cord, to connect to a two-line telephone that also has a RJ-14 jack.

L2 is electrically wired as a one-line, RJ-11 jack, whereby line 2 is on the center two pins, and the outer two pins are  not connected to anything.  Typically, this is used when you want to connect separate telephones; one telephone to L1 and the other telephone to L2.

Jyea

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your reply.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I purchased this OBi device because it supports Up to Four (4) VoIP Services, which in my case is (4) GV phone numbers. The trouble I'm having is setting this up with the (2) Phone Ports. 

Here's my configuration:

These two lines are coming from obi Phone port 1 to the actual phone and are working flawlessly
1.  - GV1 is configured to SP1 and rings line 1 on the actual phone, outgoing calls are made from line 1 on the phone. In Obitalk: Incoming Phone (port) 1, Outgoing Phone (port) 1

2.  - GV2 is configured to SP2 and rings line 2 on the actual phone, outgoing calls are made from line 2 on the phone. In Obitalk: Incoming Phone (port) 2, Outgoing Phone (port) 2.

These two lines aren't working properly
3.  - GV3 is configured to SP3 and rings line 3&4 on the actual phone, outgoing calls are made from line 3&4 on the phone. In Obitalk: Incoming Phone (port) 2, Outgoing Phone (port) 2

*When you answer the call both line 3 & 4 on the phone pick up so you hear the person on the other end and a dial tone at the same time.

4.  - GV4 is configured to SP4 and doesn't ring on the actual phone, outgoing calls are made from line 4 on the phone. In Obitalk: Incoming Phone (port) 2, Outgoing Phone (port) 2

I'm considering purchasing an additional device if the Obi202 can't support all 4. 

Again, thanks for your help.   
Desiree'

SteveInWA

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I purchased this OBi device because it supports Up to Four (4) VoIP Services, which in my case is (4) GV phone numbers. The trouble I'm having is setting this up with the (2) Phone Port

The OBi 202 does support 4 VoIP services, but it only has 2 electrical connections, for 2 telephone lines.  You can only use those 4 this way:  either or both of the 2 physical phone ports can use any one or more of those 4 services, supporting a 2-line telephone.  If you want to use all 4 different telephone lines on the phone, then you need another OBi 202.

Jyea

ok so if I wanted to use all 4 GV they would share the 2 phone lines on the phone and I would have to set up the different ring feature for incoming calls and the **1 etc. feature for outgoing calls?

If I get another device, does the Obi100 or Obi200 support 2 phone lines or would I have to get another Obi202 at the very least? 

Thanks again.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Jyea on March 10, 2016, 08:23:23 AM
ok so if I wanted to use all 4 GV they would share the 2 phone lines on the phone and I would have to set up the different ring feature for incoming calls and the **1 etc. feature for outgoing calls?

That's correct; you got it!

If I get another device, does the Obi100 or Obi200 support 2 phone lines or would I have to get another Obi202 at the very least?

You would need one more 202.  It's the only model with two phone jacks for two distinct phone lines.