News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up Couple GVs and forward it to google chat problem.

Started by Leeman78, March 12, 2016, 11:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leeman78

Good evening all, I'm a new user and using obi1062 IP Phone.

1. I want to make sure i'm doing it right for setting up couple GVs number.
Here's what I did, register then, give it my cell number to forward it, verify and log in.
Then, delete the phone and only using forward to google chat. Because obi1062 is register this GV number as google chat forwarding or email address and credential. the reason I delete forwarding to my phone is when I create second GV number, I had to delete it anyway. It said that I can not use same forwarding number to multi account.

Am I doing right?

2. Problem with voicemail. Well, obi1062 voicemail feature is not supported by google, so I solve the problem by filtering my gmail to send missed or voicemail to send it to my ONE email and it works.

Only problem of this is, if I want to hear the voicemail and call the number then, click * put pin, then it ask again for second verification for put the forwarding phone number.... but, actually i do not have it because I forward all calls to google chat, this mean that I'm not able to hear this voicemail from other phone....

Do you have any alternative way to do  it?

3. When People called my GV Number and I missed, I do not want them saying "the google subscriber that call blahblahblah and I do not want to hear that my customer know i'm using google voicemail for my business. Well, I also do not want to make my own recording... (it is just my problem)

Do you have any alternative way to machine say different way? or we can upload greeting?

Thank you so much and I will really appreciate if someone can help me!!!!!!

Thank you again!!!!!!!!!

SteveInWA

Pretty much everything you wrote is either wrong or misguided.  Google Voice is not for you.

• You can't delete a forwarding phone on one Google Voice account, and then expect to use that same forwarding phone to claim a number for a different account.  It won't work.  That's considered abuse and a violation of the Terms of Service.
  • There is no such thing as OBi voicemail.  If you want to use Google Voice, you need to use its voicemail system.  It makes no sense to not record a greeting.
  • If you want business-class telephone service, then get it from a SIP VoIP service provider, not from Google Voice.  Look at Callcentric or voip.ms or Phonepower.

Leeman78

Thank you Steve for very helpful information.

First of all, yes, I already apply for the business toll free number and local number from Phonepower.com
I do not want to use something as violation of the Terms of Service when I do something right.

I delete a forwarding phone on google account, because Obi1062 will forward the phone with google chat. I have to double check that this is also violation of the Terms of Service. I don't think it is, but who knows.

What about those people who has more than 1 google voice account and use like this on their Obi service?
Obi1062 designed that it can put up to 6 google voices.

Yes, I will just record the greeting... No Problem.

So, I guess, if you taken away your google number and use only google chat to forward the number, then now be able to check voicemail thru different number phone by using * to put pin.

Thank you for the information.

SteveInWA

You need to have a valid, working forwarding phone number added to Google Voice's list of forwarding phones, if you want to call in from elsewhere, to listen to your messages.  If you are at the office or home where the OBi device is located, you can just dial the GV phone number to listen to messages.

It sounds like you are on your way to a good solution with Phonepower.