News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forwarding Calls from a pstn number to a SIP uri address?

Started by nathanlang, March 16, 2016, 07:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathanlang

Good Day, I'm wondering if it is possible to forward calls through my Obi202 to a SIP URI - like a Callcentric SIP Address (17777XXX@callcentric.com) ?

Taoman

Sure, you can forward to Callcentric from your OBi by putting the forwarding SIP URI address in the X_InboundCallRoute field (under Voice Service) for the trunk you wish to forward. But you would need to use the following address format:

1777XXXXXXX@in.callcentric.com

Not sure what your goal is for doing this but keep in mind you won't get CNAM going this route. CC doesn't support CNAM for SIP URI calls whereas an ITSP like VoIP.ms does.

Edit: CC does support CNAM override for SIP URI calls so if the incoming number has an entry in your CC phonebook then you will see the name you associated with that number.

nathanlang

Excellent. Thanks for the this info Taoman. i'm using a SIP Audio Codec (Telos Z/IP One) and I'd like to get a call forwarded to the device's SIP URI. I will experiment with this promptly. Thanks again!