News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone rings when I have an incoming call, but I cannot answer it

Started by UnderTheGun, March 23, 2016, 02:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnderTheGun

I'm using an ObiTalk model OBi200 and a vTech phone. I have my account hooked up to my google voice and had been successfully using it for some time. However, recently I have not been able to dial out using my vTech phone through OBi, nor have I been able to answer incoming calls.

When an incoming call comes through, the phone rings, however when I pick up the phone, it doesn't answer. My cell phone is also connected to google voice and it continues to ring on my cell phone. I hear nothing on the vTech receiver.

When I try to dial out, I get a dial tone, I dial the number and then I get nothing, no error message, no sound of a ringing phone, just silence, or sometimes I get the message, "There is no service to complete your call".

When I look at my dashboard, it appears to be connected, however the status is "Authenticating"

Any thoughts what I might do?

SteveInWA

Hi:

There could be other issues, but the one that has to be resolved first is the "Authenticating" message.  The OBi isn't able to connect to your Google Voice account.

Your comments about your cell phone were a bit ambiguous.  Would you please confirm the situation:  unplug the OBi from power.  Call your Google Voice number from some unrelated phone number, not your cell phone.  Confirm that the cell phone rings, and it shows the caller ID of the calling phone number, and you can answer the call and have a two-way conversation (audio works in both directions)?  What kind of cell phone is it, Android, iPhone, or "dumb" phone?