News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Sip's In Bolivia?

Started by AndrewG, July 01, 2011, 01:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewG

Hello

I'm looking for a sip account with a DID number for Bolivia that is programmable for the OBI 110.

Thanks,
Andy

QBZappy

AndrewG,

Hi. I have a unit in La Paz. I found only one DID supplier for La Paz.  Prices were crazy high. I think I remember he had better prices for Cochabamba, or Santa Cruz. In the end I decided to go with Rebtel. They charge 6 cents/min to La Paz, and Santa Curz and 14 cents/min to other cities and mobile phones. With Rebtel you can configure a foreign tel number into a Rebtel your local number, making it possible to make telephone to telephone calls using their service. VoipRaider is another with relatively low rates to Bolivia. These are the cheapest rates I could find.

You need a good internet connection for this to work. I understand that internet is very expensive in that country. Most people have very low speeds to minimize the cost. If you find a DID SP for that country please let me know. I have given up looking for one.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.