News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObIExtras: Strange behaviour of *86 and "we are all beta tester!"

Started by Vegetus, March 26, 2016, 05:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegetus

Hi there!
I subscribed for a two years ObIExtras account, just to block several spam calls I receive.
First of all, I would like to advise all of you that IF you reset your device to its factory default, all entries you have made by hand into the blacklist via web portal, are lost forever.
No way to have the list saved locally, no way to upload new entries from a comma separated list and so on.
That is the reason I started this topic with the sentence "we are all beta tester!". The worse is: We pay ObIhai for our work.
Now that I know I'm a beta tester that I work for free for ObIHAi, there are few things I would like to examine with your help.

The first:
I wrote to the support team about an issue with the *86 code.
Actually, *86 do store the spam call into the black list but the number/s stored are not show on the ObIExtras Custom Block List.
The guy at customer support team wrote the following to me:

"The *86 does not upload to the blocked list all the time but it is stored inside the OBi - but eventually will be uploaded to the list."

English is NOT my primary language, therefore I was wandering myself if the word "eventually" could have different meanings for English folks.
What does it mean "eventually"? When the internal memory location of the ObI202 is full? When the box restarts for a power cut? After 24 hours? After 10 entries? After 50 entries?
And where are the blocked telephone number stored into the ObI202? What if I want to remove one of that number from the black list? Shall I perform a factory reset? "Eventually" mens "We know that but we don't know when the Engineers will fix the issue"? What does it means "eventually"?
Please, ObIHai, do your test internally, with volunteers. And, please, do not tell that you provided a free 30 days trial before to buy!
This is NOT shareware with a one-man, one programmer behind. That is ObIHai!