News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Viatalk setup on Obi100

Started by hbeardave, June 30, 2011, 11:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbeardave

I'm having trouble getting the settings for the Obi100 to work with Viatalk. It's not on the list in the configuration panel...so I used Generic Service Provider.

I left URI blank, but I think the format is +1NXXNXXXXX@incoming.vtnoc.net  (no one tries to call me using SIP)

The dashboard shows that it's registering.. but after dialing, attendant says it was rejected by the service provider, reason:  400

I've had no trouble using the following settings in a computer softphone:

*From their configuration info page for Xten:
Enabled: Yes
Display Name: Your Name Here
Username: 1NXXNXXXXXX
Authorization User: 1NXXNXXXXXX
Password: MyPassword (yeah, of course that's my password ;-)
Domain/Realm: soundwave.vtnoc.net
SIP Proxy: soundwave.vtnoc.net
Outbound Proxy: soundwave.vtnoc.net

Is there anything in the more advanced settings that need to change?
--and should that be done via Obitalk Expert Configuration or via the device's browser config?

Thanks.

hbear

RonR

Starting with ITSPA/SP1 settings at Default, a minimal configuration would be:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : soundwave.vtnoc.net
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> OutboundProxy : soundwave.vtnoc.net

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (ViaTalk Username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (ViaTalk Password)

If you're configuring ViaTalk on ITSPB/SP2, don't forget to set X_ServProvProfile to B.

If you elect to configure the OBi locally, don't forget to disable Auto Provisioning.

hbeardave

Well... that's essentially what gets set if I put the info into the ObiTalk Generic Server configuration.

So, still not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks though... I'll keep 'playing.'

It would be great if the Obi folks could add Viatalk to the list of pre-populated SIP providers.

Kamakzie

I configured mine from the Web interface as a generic and I get this Register Failed: 404 Not found (server=216.246.105.146:5060; retrying).  It actually lets me make outgoing calls but incoming doesn't work.  Any ideas?  I have it on SP1 and Google Voice on SP2.

RonR

You might try leaving the OutboundProxy blank (Default checked)

You might try a different server : http://vtwiki.org/wiki/index.php/Server_Choices

You might try forwarding ports 5060 - 5061 to your OBi.

Kamakzie

The tech guy at Via told me to change my ports to 5000.  It worked after I used some tips from another viatalk obi thread that said to use 5062 for the auth port.  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=280.msg1385#msg1385