News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question about using multiple OBi200s with OBiLINE adapters

Started by scott818, April 10, 2016, 05:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott818

I have a hypothetical question regarding using three OBi200 units along with a pair of OBiLINE adapters.

Let's say I have the following setup:

OBi200 #1

PHONE Port: Connected to a telephone.
USB Port:     Connected to an OBiLINE adapter which has a phone cable connecting to OBi200 #2's PHONE port.

OBi200 #2

PHONE Port: Connected to the RJ11 jack of OBi200 #1's OBiLINE adapter.
USB Port:     Connected to an OBiLINE adapter which has a phone cable connecting to OBi200 #3's PHONE port.

OBi200 #3

PHONE Port: Connected to the RJ11 jack of OBi200 #2's OBiLINE adapter.

Let's assume all three OBi200 units have services configured on each of their SP slots.

If I pick up the telephone connected to OBi200 #1's PHONE port and dial ##, that would cause the OBiLINE connected to OBi200 #1 to go off hook and patch in OBi200 #2's dial tone. Once I get OBi200 #2's dial tone, I could dial ## again, which would cause the OBiLINE connected to OBi200 #2 to go off hook and patch in OBi200 #3's dial tone. Once I get OBi200 #3's dial tone, I could dial **2 + phone_number and call out using OBi200 #3's configured SP2 service - all from one telephone connected to OBi200 #1.

Am I correct on how this would work?

Also, for the inbound side of things, would routing the inbound calls made to the configured SP services on OBi200 #3 to 'ph' send the call to OBi200 #2 where I could further route the call to that unit's 'ph' which would send the call over to the OBi200 #1 where I could route it to that unit's 'ph', causing the connected telephone to ring and allow me to take the call?

Mango

Although this would theoretically work, it would sound like crap.  If you want to link multiple OBis together, I suggest you do it via SIP: http://toao.net/504