News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi for Small business

Started by bmgaspard, April 10, 2016, 09:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmgaspard

I am running a small AC business and would like multiple lines in my office. I am looking to purchase 2 Obi1032 units and link them through the portal. Each will be connected to the same GV account with the same number. Most of the stuff I have figured out and tested with the phone system at my house using a Obi202. I do however have a few questions if there is anyone that can answer them.

1. Is there a way to setup an automated directory, for instance, Dial 1 for Sales, 2 for service, if you know your parties extension, dial it now, etc.? Or would I need an additional service for this?
2. Is there a way to setup a phone directory so the caller can dial an extension to reach a specific person?
3. Is there a music on hold feature?

LTN1

Beside having music-on-hold, it really doesn't have the other items that you are thinking of. It seems like you need some sort of IP-PBX system so you can configure it for your business. There are lots out there. The limitations are only based on what you are willing to spend.

Mango

If you do figure out how to make this work with the OBi's AutoAttendant, please write up the directions and post them here.  :)

VoIP.ms and Anveo have these features; pretty sure Callcentric does as well.