News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi 110 and localphone.com

Started by andy222, July 02, 2011, 08:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy222

Hi All,
I am new to the OBI device and to the forum. I would like to know if someone has setup OBI 110 with localphone.com?

I will really appreciate if someone can provide me the step-by-step instructions to setup the localphone.com service.

I have setup the google voice and works beautifully without any issues but I would like to switch to the localphone OR would like to use both service together. Is that a possibility?

RonR

You can use Localphone in addition to Google Voice.

Starting from all Default vaues on Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B and Voice Services -> SP2 Service, make the following changes:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : (localphone proxy server)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (localphone username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (localphone password)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> Primary Line : (default trunk for calling)

If you make these changes to the OBi locally by logging into the IP address returned by dialing ***1, also change:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

andy222

Thanks RonR for the reply but now the question I have is: How it distinguish what line the outbound call will go through..
For e.g. If I am dialing a US/Canada number, I don't want it to go through the localphone account. I want it to go through the GV.
If I dial an international number, I want it to go through the localphone.

Another question is: localphone doesn't provide us with the phone number. If GV closes its window at the end of 2011, what can happen as an alternate solution so that I can use localphone OR any other chaeap VOIP providers?

RonR

You have to select one of the OBi trunks as the Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine (SP1/SP2/PSTN/OBiTALK).  By default, all calls will then go out that trunk.  You can override this and have calls go out a specific trunk by prefxing:

**1  ->  SP1
**2  ->  SP2
**8  ->  PSTN
**9  ->  OBiTALK

If you want some automatic overrides, you have to make adjustments to DigitMaps.  For example, if you want US/Canada numbers to go out SP1 and international calls to go out SP2:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> Primary Line : SP1

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

10- and 11-digit numbers will go out the default SP1 trunk, but 011+ numbers will be redirected to SP2.

RonR

Quote from: andy222 on July 08, 2011, 10:35:38 AM
Another question is: localphone doesn't provide us with the phone number. If GV closes its window at the end of 2011, what can happen as an alternate solution so that I can use localphone OR any other chaeap VOIP providers?

If you stop using Google Voice at any time for any reason, you can put another provider of your choosing on SP1 to replace it.  If all you need is a an incoming number, the OBi can handle that also, with your outgoing calls going through LocalPhone or someone else.

There's nothing special about Google Voice, other than they're free at the moment.  I think it's very likely we'll see continued free service from Google Voice though 2012, but only time will tell.