News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202, Google Voice on SP1, and BT1 on SP2 - config issues...

Started by xmac81, April 18, 2016, 07:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmac81

Hi,

I have a Obi202 and am trying to set it up in this manor....

Google Voice on SP1 and Phone1 (via Simon Telephonics using SIP for CNAM) which is done.
ObiBT to my cell phone on SP2 and Phone2, which is kinda done.  Bluetooth is paired.

Current issues:
1. Google Voice on SP1 is working, but both SP1 and SP2 ring.  I only have "phone 1" checked.  Any idea as to why this is?
2. I want to associate the ObiBT ONLY with SP2 and Phone2.  I want to use Phone2 with my cordless phone to make and receive phone calls from my cell phone only.  When my cell phone rings, both Phone1 and Phone2 ring.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

drgeoff

Quote from: xmac81 on April 18, 2016, 07:34:22 AM
I want to use Phone2 with my cordless phone to make and receive phone calls from my cell phone only. 
If that is what you want to achieve, its configuration does not involve SP2.

SteveInWA

Yah, as drgeoff pointed out, your configuration is a bunch of gibberish.  OBi devices treat the OBiBT dongle as a service provider.  It's not SP1-SP4; it's OBiBT.

It sounds like you've set up some other service provider on SP2, or duplicated SP1's setup onto SP2.

xmac81

Ok, let me approach this another way....

I have a ObiBT.  I want it assigned to the Phone2 jack.  When I use Line2 on my cordless phone, I want to be able to dial out and answer the cell phone utilizing the Phone2 jack.

How do I do this?

SteveInWA

That just makes no sense.  That's not how it works.  OBiBT is not assigned to a phone jack, neither on your OBi nor on your cordless phone.

You can pair your cell phone to your OBiBT, via Bluetooth, to use your cell phone as a service provider, just as if it was a VoIP service provider, to place or receive calls over your mobile phone carrier's network.

If you want a cordless phone that interfaces with a cell phone over Bluetooth, then buy a cordless phone with built-in Bluetooth capability.