News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 1 Way Audio

Started by lexluthor, April 21, 2016, 05:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexluthor

I'm having a problem with 1 way audio on my OBi200.  I have my OBi200 connected to an Asus RT-AC68U with SIP ALG off and I'm on FiOS.  Line 1 is Google Voice, Line 2 is a custom SIP provider that I use and Line 3 is CallCentric (for E911).

With the custom SIP provider on Line 2, on some calls, I can't hear the other party.  It seems consistent that phone numbers that work, always work and phone numbers where I have this issue, always have the issue.  I'm not sure if it ever works calling out to Toll Free numbers.  I think both outbound and inbound calls are affected.  Support for this provider has been looking into this for a bit now, but hasn't come up with any suggestions.

Google Voice and CallCentric lines work perfectly fine.  I also have a Snom360 that I connected to the same router and configured the same way to the custom SIP provider and that works.  I've also connected the OBi200 directly to the FiOS router (I have the Asus connected via Ethernet from the ONT) and that also doesn't work.  Seems like it's a setting in the OBi that needs to be looked at.

Any ideas?

lexluthor

Anyone have any suggestions on this?  I have port forwarding set up now as well, but same result.

Very frustrating.

SteveInWA

Well, clearly, your internet service and your OBi hardware are fine, working as expected on SP1 and SP3, so the issue is with whatever ITSP you are using for SP2, and some setting they need you to tweak on one side or the other.  PITA.  It might be a STUN server issue.

Why not just get rid of the SP2 service, and use Callcentric or Google Voice for your calling?  Port SP2's DID to Callcentric and you're all set.

lexluthor

Been away, but finally had some time to get back at this.

I did re-test removing my router from the network and connecting an Ethernet cable directly from the FiOS ONT to the OBi and it still didn't work.

Clearly, that eliminates any router/port forwarding issue.

I'd rather not switch providers at this point.

Seems that it must be a setting in the OBi that needs to be tweaked or just a flat out incompatibility between my provider and OBi.

Any further ideas/thoughts/things to try here?

SteveInWA

You haven't told us who this secret provider is.  Why not ask them for help?  There is nothing wrong with your OBi, nor your network -- as I said earlier, if SP1 and SP3 work fine, it's your ITSP's issue.

Mango

Shot in the dark.

Is the service provider FreePhoneLine?

If so, try to use voip3.freephoneline.ca and see if the problem goes away.

Have you tried to change X_DiscoverPublicAddress to see if that affects the symptoms?