News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phonepower... Bad customer service or just unlucky?

Started by rcobourn, April 21, 2016, 09:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcobourn

Trying to initiate service with Phonepower with the ObiPower package.  Three attempts have all failed with a red box "There was a problem with your order."  Thanks, that's helpful.  Tried their online chat and the best I got was from Mathew S. "let me transfer you to the correct department".  Which was apparently nowhere, because that was the last I got until I eventually typed "hello" into the chat and got a "hello" back from someone who then went silent.

Probably this is a sign to stick with Google Voice.  Has anyone had good experience with them, such that it is worth pursuing? 

brianSC

I know my brother in law signed up with them at the end of last year sometime, so I called him again this morning to ask about his experience with Phonepower.  He said he loves it and has his cell phone set up to ring along with the Obihai home phone so that he does not miss calls while on the road.  He did mention that it was quite easy to sign up for service initially. When he tried to port his number, he had to call customer service to get some help with the process, but it went smoothly overall and that they were very helpful and knowledgeable.  I recommend you call them if you are having trouble.  They seem to be really nice people.  I'm fairly sure that to get the 59.99 price for one year, you will have to sign up via your Obitalk account.  Keep in mind also, that there is the possibility that if you plan to port your own phone number in to replace the phone number you get when you sign up, you may be charged a $15 porting fee unless you request otherwise...

One other thing he mentioned he really likes, is that he is now able to block callers that are telemarketers, sales, or spam by going into his Phonepower account and blocking them one by one.  He said it does take a day or so for them to actually be blocked, however.

ceg3

You might want to try to just call them.  I've had the unlimited plan with them for about six months and I have found their support to be very good.  Sometimes you get someone a little friendlier than another, but they all seem to know what they are doing.  They have a very large support call center and they are state side.