News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Stencils and Photos

Started by JKop, April 29, 2016, 02:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKop

I'm struggling to find clear pictures of OBihai devices so that I can create diagram stencils.  All of the photos I've been able to find are not flat facing pictures and are taken at various angles.

I was hoping to avoid taking my own pictures and then editing them, but I may not have any other choice.

Does anyone here have some quality photos, specifically the 508vs and the 200?

Thanks.

SteveInWA

LTN1

By the time the OP waits for Obihai or anyone else to possibly provide a quality picture, he could have spent 30 minutes to take and edit his own. What would the intelligent person do? Let's see.

SteveInWA

Well, I think I'm an intelligent person, and if I was making network diagrams for documentation purposes, I'd contact the widget manufacturer to see if they already had those graphics available.  Most major I/T device makers have graphic image files used for that purpose (e.g. for use in Visio software).  Of course, Obihai isn't a "major I/T device maker", but hey, email is free, and it's worth asking...

LTN1

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 29, 2016, 09:42:26 PM
Well, I think I'm an intelligent person, and if I was making network diagrams for documentation purposes, I'd contact the widget manufacturer to see if they already had those graphics available.  Most major I/T device makers have graphic image files used for that purpose (e.g. for use in Visio software).  Of course, Obihai isn't a "major I/T device maker", but hey, email is free, and it's worth asking...

Not referencing your intelligence personally Steve. But let's see when the OP will get an answer from Obihai.

OP...please post the pictures as an attachment when you do.

I want to see if my guess is right in that if Obihai takes months to update their actual firmware information after release, how long they would take to provide these pictures, if at all.

JKop

To be honest, I assumed that Obihai didn't have any stencils based on the quality of stock photos used in documentation and product slicks.

My post was aimed more so at the community to see if anyone else had any, however I will submit a question to them and see what the results are.

In the meantime I created a stencil of a OBi508vs.  Feel free to use it if you want.

Thanks.

LTN1

Quote from: JKop on April 30, 2016, 03:19:54 PM
To be honest, I assumed that Obihai didn't have any stencils based on the quality of stock photos used in documentation and product slicks.

My post was aimed more so at the community to see if anyone else had any, however I will submit a question to them and see what the results are.

In the meantime I created a stencil of a OBi508vs.  Feel free to use it if you want.

Thanks.

What you created appears to be superior to what I understand as a stencil. It seems like you drew the graphics yourself. It looks great.

Attached, is a stencil I created from an OBi picture took 2 minutes after uploading it to an online photo to stencil converter. It was quick but not meant for publication.

JKop

Thank you for the compliment.

I actually used Visio to make it and while it didn't take too long to make it, these days I prefer to use actual photos for my customer facing diagrams.  While I get the basis for using illustration based stencils, I think most customers appreciate the "wow" factor of a proposed solution diagram using an image they can better relate to.

If you like the 508vs stencil I created, I'd be happy to make some others if you're interested or if you need.

Thanks again.