News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

InboundCallRoute issue

Started by sylvaing, May 01, 2016, 12:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylvaing

Hi, I try to set X_InboundCallRoute from "ph" to "{(<1:+>xx.):ph}" but every time I click on "Submit", it reverts to "ph". Both "Device Default" and "OBiTALK
Settings" check boxes are unchecked.

PS. Reason for the InbountCallRoute string is to drop the 1 from the beginning of a number so my phone would correctly associate the numbers to the names stored in its directory.

Taoman

It would appear the Obitalk servers have "thrown a wobbly" once again. Nothing you can do about it until Obihai decides to fix their servers.........probably sometime tomorrow.

This is from a couple weeks ago:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11164.0

sylvaing

Thanks for your response. I tried to set it through the device internal web portal instead of OBiTALK. It does stick when I press "Submit" but the changes doesn't take into effect until the unit is rebooted. Once rebooted, the change is gone and it's back to "ph"  :(

Taoman

Quote from: sylvaing on May 01, 2016, 01:19:20 PM
Thanks for your response. I tried to set it through the device internal web portal instead of OBiTALK. It does stick when I press "Submit" but the changes doesn't take into effect until the unit is rebooted. Once rebooted, the change is gone and it's back to "ph"  :(

This is because you have ITSP provisioning and OBiTalk provisioning enabled. As soon as you reboot your device your changes get overwritten. You can't manage/edit your device thru the local web interface and also the OBitalk web portal. It's one or the other. If you can wait until Obihai fixes the server problem that's what I'd recommend.

You can search for threads that deal with the pros and cons of managing your device via OBitalk or locally. If one of your service providers is Google Voice then you must configure and manage that GV configuration via the OBitalk web portal (assuming you're running current firmware).

sylvaing

Yes, I'm using GV for calls to the US and ANVEO for local and canadian LD so I'll wait for them to fix it. It's no big rush.

sylvaing

Well, still isn't working  :(

Taoman

Quote from: sylvaing on May 02, 2016, 07:11:50 PM
Well, still isn't working  :(

You're right. I read on another thread that it was working again and assumed it was. I just tried it myself and it still isn't saving any edits/changes you make.

Frustrating. If your device is still under warranty I would suggest opening a trouble ticket with Obihai. This happens too often.

sylvaing

It's one week old so yeah, should still be under warranty  :)

PS. Ticket opened.

Taoman

Quote from: sylvaing on May 02, 2016, 07:50:00 PM

PS. Ticket opened.

Don't know if your ticket kicked Obihai into gear but the Obitalk servers are working properly again. Any changes/edits you make should now stick.

sylvaing

Yep, they confirm they had an issue with the database. It's fixed and I was able to save my change as well.