December 16, 2017, 08:28:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling Obi device from android  (Read 13604 times)
Googleuser

« on: May 05, 2016, 01:22:42 pm »

Is there any easy app to call my Obi number, XXX-XXX-XXX from and android phone that is not connected whatsoever with Obi?

I'm trying to find and answer to this because I have my Obidevice but I'd like friends who don't have it to call me from their cellphones.

It seems Obion app is not working in Nexus 6p so that is out of the question.

My device is configures with a Internetcalls (SIP service) and GoogleTalk... no GoogleVoice since I am not in the US.

Thanks in advance for any advice...
vondes

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 05:15:31 am »

How i can record calls from phone in this system?
drgeoff
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 09:55:58 am »

Is there any easy app to call my Obi number, XXX-XXX-XXX from and android phone that is not connected whatsoever with Obi?

I'm trying to find and answer to this because I have my Obidevice but I'd like friends who don't have it to call me from their cellphones.

It seems Obion app is not working in Nexus 6p so that is out of the question.

My device is configures with a Internetcalls (SIP service) and GoogleTalk... no GoogleVoice since I am not in the US.

Thanks in advance for any advice...
There are two ways but whether you would classify them as easy depends on the technical abilities of both you and your friends.

1.  If your OBi device is not an OBi100 or OBi110 then it can be called from a suitable browser by going to obitalk.com and clicking on the green button next to "Call Obi" in the blue banner at the top of the page.

2.  No matter what model your OBi device is, it potentially can be reached by a direct SIP call to your OBi.  That probably requires some port forwarding on your router and if you have a dynamic IP address from your ISP you also need a dynamic DNS service to provide a URL to it.  Each of your friends then needs to install a SIP soft phone and know how to use it to call your SIP URL.  But be aware that making your OBi able to receive calls this way makes it open to intrusion from 'SIP scanners'.  At best the false ringing at inconvenient times will annoy you.  At worst the criminals will route phone calls through your OBi at your expense.

drgeoff
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 10:14:59 am »

How i can record calls from phone in this system?
What system?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: