News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Wont ring on phone

Started by Chiefnerd, May 08, 2016, 05:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chiefnerd

I have two OBi202 hooked up both each with two google voice numbers.  Everything has been working great for a few days.  Starting Saturday afternoon, all calls would ring on the mobile phones, but none on the actual POTS phone connected to the OBi202.

I read through the forums and googled articles, I tested with the auto attendant ring back feature.  The ring back feature works, the phone rings.  Yet when I dial the Google voice number, the phone will not ring.

I made no changes from the time everything was working just fine.  Strange that both units stopped ringing to the POTS phone at the same time (a 4 line phone).

Any ideas?

Chiefnerd

too add to this... I have rebooted the OBIs several times as well as the router and the cable modem.  When I call one of the Google Voice numbers, it immediately rings on the computer and the cell phone, but not the pots line.  If I answer the pots line, I get OBI dialtone.

If I call the google voice number from the POTS OBI line, I do go right into voicemail, so it is the correct Google Voice number assigned to the line, it just wont ring and it is not a matter of the OBI device not powering the ring... the OBI device does not see an incoming call coming in.

drgeoff

The first thing to check is that your settings at google.com/voice have a tick against 'Chat' in the list of forwarding phones.