News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Switching back

Started by Picky1, May 09, 2016, 06:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Picky1

I jumped ship from GV awhile ago when there was talks of it no longer being supported (current device is Obi100).  My agreement with Vestalink expires this week and I was thinking of coming back to GV.

What do I have to do in order to make this happen?

LTN1

Picky1

The only other detail I can think of is I paid GV like $3 to port my number over to VestaLink, if I let my VestaLink agreement expire this week will everything revert back to GV or do I need to do something to keep my service working.

dircom

If you let your VL account expire, then you lose your number, and will not be able to port
If you want to port from VL, you need to choose a provider
(if you want to port to GV, you will have to port to a mobile phone first)

You MUST keep your VL account paid up and current in order not to lose your Phone Number.
You MUST not cancel your VL account if you want to keep your number

If and when you port your number, the act of porting your number will cancel your old provider (in your case VL)

In case I have not been clear
If you let your VL account expire, then you lose your number, and will not be able to port
(and you lose your number- did I mention that?)
You MUST not cancel your VL account if you want to keep your number

Picky1

On the GV board someone else mentioned porting to wireless carier, why is this necessary, can't I just port it back over to GV?

Or is it just better to reset my GV and Obi and start new?

dircom

dircom

Quote from: Picky1 on May 09, 2016, 06:50:07 AM
The only other detail I can think of is I paid GV like $3 to port my number over to VestaLink, if I let my VestaLink agreement expire this week will everything revert back to GV or do I need to do something to keep my service working.

That's like saying, " I had Comcast, then I had Dish, if I let my Dish agreement expire, will my old Comcast service automagically start working."

Picky1

Quote from: dircom on May 09, 2016, 07:16:03 AM
I don't make the rules, Google does

http://www.obihai.com/porttutorial

Thanks, this was very helpful now I know what I need to do.

dircom

more info

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1051.0

(google is your friend)

My advise is to port your old number directly to T-mobile, without getting a temporary T-mobile number first