News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi IP Address Will Not Load In Browser

Started by GotDroid, May 25, 2016, 04:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GotDroid

Hello. The past few years I've been able solve the various obi100 problems, however now I'm seriously stumped. I've looked everywhere but cannot find a solution to this, my obi's ip address refuse to load up in the browsers (firefox, chrome, & ie).

A little over week ago obi decided it did not want to do its job anymore so I could not make or receive calls.  I got the "you have no service" message. After trying everything and rebooting, I got the "Update your google voice. Your password have not been change" message. I thought that was bizarre but abide by the message anyway just to get it over with and my phone service was restored.

Yesterday I had no phone service again and I received the same messages as before. When I went into the portal to check I am greeted by a $10 demand. No emails, no warnings, no announcements, just a brutish interruption of service. I got the obi's ip address and typed it in the browser.  But the page just times out and not load. Same with 3 different browsers and computers from different locations. 

I cannot even update the firmware since I can't get into the system.  Today the service came back on but I still can't get the ip address to load. It is a matter of time before the phone service gets cut off again, maybe tonight, tomorrow, I don't know. Please help me find a solution.  Thanks.

drgeoff

How are you getting the OBi's IP address?

What is the connection route between your computer and the Obi?

GotDroid

Quote from: drgeoff on May 25, 2016, 04:47:54 PM
How are you getting the OBi's IP address?

What is the connection route between your computer and the Obi?

IP address obtained from dialing ***1 on the phone
DHCP Enabled

Connection route is from computer port to Obi

SteveInWA

Quote from: GotDroid on May 25, 2016, 05:16:08 PM

What do you mean?  You plugged the OBi directly into your computer?

Plug your computer into an Ethernet port on your router or switch, or connect it to your router via WiFi.  Plug the OBi into another Ethernet port on the same router or switch.

GotDroid

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 25, 2016, 05:31:01 PM
Quote from: GotDroid on May 25, 2016, 05:16:08 PM

What do you mean?  You plugged the OBi directly into your computer?

Plug your computer into an Ethernet port on your router or switch, or connect it to your router via WiFi.  Plug the OBi into another Ethernet port on the same router or switch.

To be specific I should have said the connection route is from obi to the computer's ethernet port.  However I had to go check again and it is from obi to the router's ethernet port. As this is not a new install or configuration, this is how it has been for years now untouched.

Everything else works fine(computer, router, internet). I still cannot access the ip adress on the browser and therefore cannot update the firmware.

It appears that I keep getting the same error messages about password and phone being out of service like I mentioned in my first post. My phone is being interrupted every other day now. So I never know which day I'm going to wake up with no phone service.

drgeoff

What is the IP address that you are trying?

Your OBi100 and the PC are wired directly into the same router?