News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi/Google Voice disconnecting overnight

Started by since83, May 18, 2016, 04:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hapollo

Ok, thanks. Does anyone know if these new FW prevent downgrading to lower FW once manually upgraded?

Since I can still receive calls, I'll use Hangouts for the time being for outgoing till I get a better handle on downgrade options.

Since only the 2 GV slots on the Obi200 are backing off while the other 2 SIP providers still work, I am pretty sure this is some roll out of GV/OBi authentication creating issues.

Edit: 1 hr after posting this. My 2 OBi110 have started backing off. Rollout is coming quickly!

Stue

You are right. What Obi is doing certainly will leave a bad taste in many people's mouths. Shameful!

SteveInWA

Quote from: hapollo on June 14, 2016, 12:03:41 PM
Ok, thanks. Does anyone know if these new FW prevent downgrading to lower FW once manually upgraded?

Since I can still receive calls, I'll use Hangouts for the time being for outgoing till I get a better handle on downgrade options.

Since only the 2 GV slots on the Obi200 are backing off while the other 2 SIP providers still work, I am pretty sure this is some roll out of GV/OBi authentication creating issues.

Edit: 1 hr after posting this. My 2 OBi110 have started backing off. Rollout is coming quickly!

As of right now, there is no reported issue with OBi 200/202 devices experiencing Google authentication issues.

Make sure your OBi 20x device(s) are at 3.1.0 (Build: 5264) or higher.

hapollo

Yeah, my OBI200 went down around noon and 2x OBI110 went down 2 hrs later.

All running Pre-OAuth- OBI200 3.0.1 (Build: 4350) and OBI110 1.3.0 (Build: 2824).

I suspect most OBI200s already running POST 4350 Builds.

Upgraded one OBi110 remotely to 2886 and not crazy about the Obitalk GV Portal so holding off on upgrading the other 2 for now.

Can still receive calls on OBi200 thru Callcentric and calls out through Hangouts for now.

Thinking of going the Simon Telephonics route if I can keep my 2324 and 4350 Builds for them.

Taoman

Quote from: hapollo on June 14, 2016, 07:16:36 PM

Can still receive calls on OBi200 thru Callcentric and calls out through Hangouts for now.

Thinking of going the Simon Telephonics route if I can keep my 2324 and 4350 Builds for them.

No problem keeping those builds with Simonics gateway. It's just a standard SIP registration.

Only downside with the Simonics gateway (at least for me) is there is an approximate 2 second delay on incoming calls before the calling party can hear your voice after you answer. No way around this. So..............
I answer my GV calls on my Callcentric trunk which has zero detectable delay but still provides CNAM. But for outgoing calls I do go thru the Simonic's gateway.
This combination works great for me.

Edit: Just to be clear, the 2 second delay on incoming calls thru the Simonic's gateway is only for that initial 2 seconds after you answer the phone. After that there is no delay or latency detected when having a conversation.

SteveInWA

Quote from: hapollo on June 14, 2016, 07:16:36 PM
Yeah, my OBI200 went down around noon and 2x OBI110 went down 2 hrs later.

All running Pre-OAuth- OBI200 3.0.1 (Build: 4350) and OBI110 1.3.0 (Build: 2824).

I suspect most OBI200s already running POST 4350 Builds.

Upgraded one OBi110 remotely to 2886 and not crazy about the Obitalk GV Portal so holding off on upgrading the other 2 for now.

Let's sum this up:  you created a spam-storm over the OBi 100/110 firmware update issue, which was already documented.   Now you are posting about your 200 issue.

You've created your own problem by refusing to use OAuth 2.0 authentication.

hapollo

Yeah, that spam storm you call was to help you from having to rant and rave how the solution was posted over and over again in various threads and to save a few unsuspecting OBIs from paying the ransomware.

But you know what? Even now 10 hrs later, you're still having to reply to new threads asking about this and posting the same manual upgrade solution to those running OAuth 2.0 I can assure you, my 3 posts saved you from having to cut/paste your "spam" post at least a half dozen times. Majority were those running Post OAuth2-2372 builds, so I didn't create my own problem. The problem arose for ALL users. Pre and Post OAuth!

Instead of seeing as a way to alleviate you having to post that over and over, I posted 3x in sub-forums. That's spam?

One can argue each time you keep posting the same cut/paste solution, it is spam. How many times did you spam your "solution" today.  Ever think of that?

Tell you what. I have a life. I'll let you sit in front of your computer all day/night to answers all the questions going forward. I can see why others call you mean Steve and stop posting after a while after your abrasiveness.

Good-bye. Enjoy YOUR forum. You moderator wanna-be  ::)

sdda61

:) - Thanks it worked -- I actually had 2 - 110s - Both stop working over 1 year ago - One came back online after
a couple of days -- And Just today it went dead --- Ran the the manual update and your steps on the one the one that has been dead for 1 year and its back working -- Have not tried the other one yet -- One thing I noticed on the one I got working - It had all the original account info - but the Google Voice setup was missing -- on the device - just readded it and now its  working..

B34N

My 202 stopped working with Google Voice today. My Phone Power seems to be working. Strange thing is that I cannot access the obi through the IP address so I'm not sure if Google Voice is the issue.

I reset power multiple times. No change. I read part of this long thread but am unsure what to do since I have a 202 and they have not been impacted.

SteveInWA

Quote from: B34N on June 23, 2016, 07:03:37 PM
My 202 stopped working with Google Voice today. My Phone Power seems to be working. Strange thing is that I cannot access the obi through the IP address so I'm not sure if Google Voice is the issue.

I reset power multiple times. No change. I read part of this long thread but am unsure what to do since I have a 202 and they have not been impacted.

Log onto your Google Voice account from a laptop/desktop computer's web browser, and go here:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Confirm that you see the exact two words, "Your number" on the left side of the web page, and underneath it is, in fact, your inbound Google Voice number.  If so, then press Ctrl-T to open a new browser tab, and go to your OBiTALK dashboard page.  Click your device.  Click the SP that you are using for Google Voice, and delete it completely.  Now, click the SP again, and follow the instructions to set up Google Voice again.

B34N

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 23, 2016, 07:15:37 PM
Log onto your Google Voice account from a laptop/desktop computer's web browser, and go here:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Confirm that you see the exact two words, "Your number" on the left side of the web page, and underneath it is, in fact, your inbound Google Voice number.  If so, then press Ctrl-T to open a new browser tab, and go to your OBiTALK dashboard page.  Click your device.  Click the SP that you are using for Google Voice, and delete it completely.  Now, click the SP again, and follow the instructions to set up Google Voice again.

Thank you SteveInWA. That worked perfectly. I did update allow WAN access and then updated my firmware first. I don't know if that was needed but I am now working.

crmc

Thanks for all of the detailed instructions. I am able to use my phone again!

LowTechUser

I have a Model OBi202, and I received today a message: "no service configuration error"; I logged in and attempted to follow reconfigure instructions and deleted the SP1 for google voice; I get a message that the "devise may be out of date"; nothing is working.  I noticed that the warranty period has expired and I've even tried to buy the $10 service through Amazon and that doesn't even work.  Any advice on how I proceed ....

Taoman

Quote from: LowTechUser on June 24, 2016, 05:52:47 PM
I have a Model OBi202, and I received today a message: "no service configuration error"; I logged in and attempted to follow reconfigure instructions and deleted the SP1 for google voice; I get a message that the "devise may be out of date"; nothing is working.  I noticed that the warranty period has expired and I've even tried to buy the $10 service through Amazon and that doesn't even work.  Any advice on how I proceed ....

Try ***6 from your OBi-connected phone and see if an update is available.

If that doesn't work, download and install the latest fw update manually thru the local web interface. ***1 will tell you the ip address to use to access the local gui. admin is the password for both fields when prompted. Download from here: fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-0-5135.fw

Problems accessing the page to pay $10 thru Amazon for support are quite often browser related. Try using a different browser if you want to go that route.

Frankfone

Being a fone-freak for many years i loved any type of free calling. Unfortunately, now that I use GV for part of my business, I just pay the (*^%%) $ 10 so i can continue to have a great service that Obihai provides.
I payed and it started to work again immediately.  And besides, I get tech support. And I know that this company will be in business for the long run (I hope!! ;D )

frankb

The manual firmware update fixed the issue with my Obi110. It took maybe 15-20 min before the correct firmware version showed up on the dashboard (so I could re-add my device with google voice).

rectifier

I tried updating the firmware.  I appears to load onto my Obi 100 and reboots it.  It still comes back flashing red and green alternately.  The only thing I can see in the web interface is the firmware update page.  The phone does nothing when off the hook.  Any ideas?

I've tried firmware 2824, 2853, 2868, 2872, and 2886.  It does the same thing.

SteveInWA

Quote from: rectifier on August 10, 2016, 04:29:24 PM
I tried updating the firmware.  I appears to load onto my Obi 100 and reboots it.  It still comes back flashing red and green alternately.  The only thing I can see in the web interface is the firmware update page.  The phone does nothing when off the hook.  Any ideas?

I've tried firmware 2824, 2853, 2868, 2872, and 2886.  It does the same thing.

"He's dead, Jim."  See your cross-post here:

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11350.msg75919#msg75919

My_VOIP

Is OBi100 completely out of service now? This past summer i upgraded to the latest firmware...

HardwareVersion   3.4   help
SoftwareVersion   1.3.0 (Build: 2886)

used the new OAuth service to connect to Google Voice. Suddenly now it stopped working. Tried factory reset, reboot and also the hard reset behind the device. Nothing works. Its still stuck at Configuring page and after 5,10 mins reports Error...

Anything i'm missing??

drgeoff

Quote from: My_VOIP on October 21, 2016, 08:14:39 AM
Is OBi100 completely out of service now? This past summer i upgraded to the latest firmware...

HardwareVersion   3.4   help
SoftwareVersion   1.3.0 (Build: 2886)

used the new OAuth service to connect to Google Voice. Suddenly now it stopped working. Tried factory reset, reboot and also the hard reset behind the device. Nothing works. Its still stuck at Configuring page and after 5,10 mins reports Error...

Anything i'm missing??
I'm still using an OBi110 and an OBi100, both working perfectly though I don't have GoogleVoice on either of them.

Use SteveInWA's instructions and follow them to the letter.http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.msg74892#msg74892