News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi100 dies with google voice suddenly?

Started by troubleobi001, May 18, 2016, 02:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troubleobi001

Nobody touch my dedicated Google voice account and my obi100 stopped working for us yesterday. The phone told me there is an issue to connect/use/login my google voice account and asked me to correct my Google voice account password. I login to my OBiTalk account and I cannot find a way to correct my Google voice account password. Finally I found this:

Please Note:
This OBi device's annual support entitlement has expired. An important software update with enhanced security and ease of use features is required to maintain Google Voice service on this OBi device. To automatically upgrade this device using the OBiTALK portal as well as get access to Obihai's Premium Support help desk, a paid support plan is required. To purchase 1-year of Obihai Premium Support, use the button found in the Support and Warranty tab. When device's support status is Active, the software update can continue by selecting the update triangle adjacent to the device, in the OBiTALK dashboard.

Does this mean we have to purchase the Premium Support to make it works again? Can I update the software by myself?

Thanks,

Taoman

Download the following new firmware version and install manually:

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw

Please report back if that fixed the problem.

troubleobi001

thank you, Steve and Taoman.

my firmware is 1.3.0.2872.

how can I update the firmware to 2886 manually?

troubleobi001

It is strange. I cannot login to the device. I got the ip address, 192.168.0.3, and tried the admin/admin but cannot login. I even reset the device to default but still cannot login. What's wrong with my OBI100? please help!

troubleobi001

Ok, my OBi100 comes back now.

What I did are the followings:

1. reset the device to factory default (online, press long enough);
2. update the firmware to 2886;
3. re-added my device (was forced to do so) and reconfigured/reconnected google voice.

Thank you for your help.

yorktown

Taoman - thanks - version 2886 solved the problem for me as well.  Google Voice works on my obi100

DonM

I have OBI202 and when I dial in I'm told I have software #3.0.1.4420

Is this the correct software?

thanks
don

thermal1

Shoot!

I wish I'd seen this post 30 minutes ago. Both 1xx ATAs went down yesterday, so I paid the $10 ransom to get my phone back online. I did search around a little prior to spending the money, and I did a workaround with an OBi 110, whose number already had a GV gateway account at Simon's Telephonics.

The problem I have with my OBi 100 is that I'm afraid to change my settings too much for fear of losing the number. I had pulled the (still working) number from Google Voice and moved it to Project Fi. That move theoretically removes any GV functionality, except that it didn't.

Obviously I'm pretty pissed at having been held hostage. I'll sure look harder for the manual update when they brick my 202.

Omelas

Thanks - the 2886 update solved the problem for me.  (I think - the problem/message was intermittent.)

My question - without the forum, how would I find this update?  The obi link to "latest" still goes to 2872?

Thanks!

Mango

Without the forum, you would have had to pay the $10 fee.

marc.guate

I've tried manually upgrading the firmware to that in this thread but when I log back into the obi110, it still shows 2872 as the firmware.  When I first noticed this, I did a hard reset on the device and tried again but with the same results.  Is there something else I need to do?

SteveInWA

Quote from: marc.guate on May 25, 2016, 12:27:09 PM
I've tried manually upgrading the firmware to that in this thread but when I log back into the obi110, it still shows 2872 as the firmware.  When I first noticed this, I did a hard reset on the device and tried again but with the same results.  Is there something else I need to do?

Please don't post the same question in multiple places.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11252.msg74217#msg74217

genealogy

Quote from: troubleobi001 on May 18, 2016, 05:39:51 PM
thank you, Steve and Taoman.

my firmware is 1.3.0.2872.

how can I update the firmware to 2886 manually?

I found this help page that documents how to manually update your firmware:   http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0