News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 doesn't work with firmware version 3.2.1

Started by suma, November 02, 2017, 11:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suma

I have a OBI200 running version 3.2.1 and I keep getting the error (when trying to connect to google voice)

Backing Off : TCP connection to 125.197.194.173 failed

When I changed the version to 3.1.1 everything worked!

But within a few minutes after a reboot, it reverts back to 3.2.1

Does any else have an issue like this or know how to get around this.  This issue just started happening on 11/1/17.

Thanks

Taoman

Quote from: suma on November 02, 2017, 11:17:46 AM

When I changed the version to 3.1.1 everything worked!

But within a few minutes after a reboot, it reverts back to 3.2.1

Wait. What? Please post your complete firmware version......old and new.

For instance, I am running 3.1.1 (Build: 5735).

Go to the following in OBi Expert:

System Management-->Auto Provisioning-->Auto Firmware Update-->Method

Uncheck both boxes to the right of the field and change it to "disabled." Submit and save your settings.

Once your OBi restarts, downgrade your firmware to 3.1.1 version. Please report back here your results.

adventium

WelshPaul

The "version 3.2.1" firmware is likely this: http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-1-5735EX.fw

This is the latest OBiEXTRAS firmware.

3.1.1 (Build: 5735) is the latests (Generic) non OBiEXTRAS firmware and can be downloaded from here: http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-1-5735.fw

I doubt either are the cause! If they were, OBi1xx users wouldn't be experiencing the issue too.

EDIT: This thread includes OBi1xx and OBi10xx users too. So it can't be the OBi2xx series firmware at fault.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Taoman

I got new firmware [3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX)] pushed to my 200 (yellow triangle) even though it's been out of warranty for a couple years.

drgeoff

Yes, I've just noticed the yellow triangle against my OBi1032 phone whose support expired more than 2 years ago.  It is less than 2 weeks since I did a manual update.

But clicking the yellow triangle didn't update the firmware.  Possibly because I have remote provisioning disabled.  So I tried again and as advised in the text box I clicked cancel to take me to the manual update method.  That turned out to be the standard download page on the forum.  Downloaded the "latest" there to a PC and looked inside.  It is 5.04 4003EX.  Way behind the 5.0.8 4643 already in the phone.

And the ***6 method on the phone reports no update available.

???

powaking

Similar issue. Been working fine then just the other day no dial tone. Tried resetting which worked and brought be back to 3.1.1. Then it said there was a new update. Pressed the triangle and now back to not working. Power it on and the power light is on solid for a few seconds, starts to flash then power light goes out. Unable to reset it. What I have tried:

Reset pin>plugged in power>lights flash quickly>lights go out and back on>flashes>goes out>release pin
Reset pin>plugged in power>lights flash quickly>release pin>lights go out and back on>flashes>goes out

Tried the above with a different power supply that provides 12v. No difference. I feel like Obihai pushed out an update which I clearly did not need and then bricked my device. Its no longer under warranty but now am forced to purchase another one.

SteveInWA

Quote from: powaking on November 26, 2017, 07:03:09 PM
Similar issue. Been working fine then just the other day no dial tone. Tried resetting which worked and brought be back to 3.1.1. Then it said there was a new update. Pressed the triangle and now back to not working. Power it on and the power light is on solid for a few seconds, starts to flash then power light goes out. Unable to reset it. What I have tried:

Reset pin>plugged in power>lights flash quickly>lights go out and back on>flashes>goes out>release pin
Reset pin>plugged in power>lights flash quickly>release pin>lights go out and back on>flashes>goes out

Tried the above with a different power supply that provides 12v. No difference. I feel like Obihai pushed out an update which I clearly did not need and then bricked my device. Its no longer under warranty but now am forced to purchase another one.

To be very clear:  are you saying that now, after you have performed the factory reset, and you power off and then power on the device, and just let it sit there, that all three of the LEDs are off (none are blinking)?  If that's the case, then you have a hardware failure.  A failed firmware download can't do that.  The expected behavior after a failed firmware installation is that the left-most (power) LED is alternatively-blinking red and green.  The hardware has just enough "smarts" to start up and put itself in recovery mode, even if the firmware load is bad.

If you have the red/green blinking LED, you can recover from it.  If no LEDs are lit, then your device is dead, or it's power adapter is dead.  You can try swapping a different power adapter, if you have a 12VDC "wall wart power adapter with the same "barrel" connector.

powaking

When I plug it in the power light is solid, after a few seconds it starts to flash and then the power light goes out. The ethernet light continues to flash based broadcast traffic. Device is not pingable in any way. This all started about a week ago, don't recall exact date. I was able to get it resurrected but that was only once then it looked like a firmware was pushed to it (I've been running 3.1.1 for as long as I remember).

SteveInWA

It's dead.  It's not Obihai's fault.  Hardware dies.  Time for a new one.

civilmann

Get a new Obi200 for $34.99 if you need a new one at:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833617008&cm_re=obi-_-33-617-008-_-Product

With promo code until midnight tonight! I try to buy them on sale and just keep them in the box till I need a refresh. Small price to pay for free or cheap phone service! ;D

powaking

I saw that deal at Newegg and ordered a replacement. Well wouldn't you know, took a look at my existing Obihai and all the lights are on. Dial tone is active and phone now works. Took a look at the configs and it has received 3.2.1 firmware. So I'm not so sure its a hardware issue rather a failed attempt at having the firmware applied initially. Oh well, I'll go head and install the new Obihai and use this as a spare or for some other project.

tnycman

I have the same issue getting the error TCP connection to 209.85.201.125 failed..
Out of nowhere!!

Looked up the IP and it seems it belongs to google..

If i had to upgrade I'll go with Ooma or Majigjack..

Quote from: powaking on December 04, 2017, 06:58:44 AM
I saw that deal at Newegg and ordered a replacement. Well wouldn't you know, took a look at my existing Obihai and all the lights are on. Dial tone is active and phone now works. Took a look at the configs and it has received 3.2.1 firmware. So I'm not so sure its a hardware issue rather a failed attempt at having the firmware applied initially. Oh well, I'll go head and install the new Obihai and use this as a spare or for some other project.