September 19, 2017, 08:05:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:
 
   Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: OBI100 says need firmware update to use GV, but already using latest version  (Read 713652 times)
DonJ
Jr. Member
**
Posts: 20


« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2016, 06:47:28 pm »

No service this morning with Obi100 with current firmware in place.  Tried to make a call & was told to log into Obitalk.  When I did, it says OBi now longer supports this device and I need to reconfigure it.  GV on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2.  I have tried 3 times unsuccessfully to reconfigure.  I even get a message on the top of the configuration page that GV was successfully configure and yet the message next to SP1 say Service NOT configured.  What the heck is going on?  If our OBi 100 is still in working order, why is OBi not allowing us to configure the device?

Edit/Update:  This is BS.  I have an OBi 200, so I just configured my services there! 


It seems clear to me. They are selectively screwing Obi 100's, and then tell you to buy an Obi 200. My Obi 100 works fine, until the cable company reboots my modem, then a hassle to get Obi to reboot. Again, it works fine for weeks until a modem reboot.
Logged
MrLateeBrown
Newbie
*
Posts: 1


« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2016, 12:42:35 am »

I have a OBi110 that had 1.3.0 (Build: 2872) on it that stopped working.

NOTE: I did not have to delete my existing information in obitalk.com or manually press the reset button on the device.

These are the steps that resolved my problem.

NOTE: At this time (at least for me), there is no need to follow the instructions referred to in the link towards the beginning of this thread:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

I successfully manually installed the 1.3.0 (Build: 2886) update.

(This is not a necessary step) Went to make a call and the call didn't go through, but it told me to login into OBiTALK and update my password.

I logged into obitalk.com and immediately a screen came up mentioning that my Google Voice information needed to be updated, I selected OK.

I believe I got a screen that I had to select 'Accept' regarding Emergency Service Calls (911).

It took me to the 'Device Configuration' screen

Even thought the 'Active Google Username' listed was correct, I had to select the hyperlink:
'Click Here to replace the active Google Account'.

It brought up a 'Google (Request for Permission)' screen in a separate little browser window, I selected 'Allow'.
Next a 'Google Voice Account Confirmation (OBiTALK: Google Voice Account Confirmation)' with my Google Voice E-mail address, I selected 'Confirm', it came back to the 'Configuration Name' screen, I selected 'Save', after that my device restarted and Connected.  It's now working.

If this helps you, Just Thank the Lord!
Logged
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester
*****
Posts: 3596



« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2016, 12:49:52 am »

The Lord had nothing to do with fixing your Google Voice service.  Updating the firmware and re-authorizing your device did, as described here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.0
Logged

quotidianone
Newbie
*
Posts: 1


« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2017, 03:49:24 pm »

Here is a good one.

Outgoing calls on my Obi110 worked fine, but incoming calls would not ring the phone.

Spent ~3 hrs on New Year's going through all the steps discussed here (firmware, reset, delete device), with no success.  I had already update the firmware.

Then, I looked at the phone, and the ringer had somehow been turned off.

Moral: start simple, and don't ignore the obvious!




Logged
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester
*****
Posts: 3596



« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2017, 03:54:19 pm »

Next time, try it before enjoying New Year's Eve libations....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes


* conan.gif (324.12 KB, 500x270 - viewed 334 times.)
Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC