News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 says need firmware update to use GV, but already using latest version

Started by EnricoPallazzo, May 18, 2016, 03:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taoman

Quote from: lilmisscrystal81 on June 14, 2016, 06:26:35 PM
>:(
the admin admin doesn't work for me. I can't get past putting in my IP address and then putting in admin admin... any idea why this isn't working for me?

Did you change your password at some point? Go to the Obitalk web portal and click on the "gear" icon for your device. What does Webpage Admin Password say? Is that the password you are trying?

Seattleweather

Quote from: yorktown on May 18, 2016, 09:37:23 PM
Found the solution on another thread for the Obi100. 

Download this firmware for the Obi110 http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw
(Yes, I know its for the Obi110 but it will work in the Obi100).

Then Reboot.

If you don't know how to install the firmware:

Dial * * * 1

It will give  you the IP Address:  192.168.XXX.XXX   (example 192.168.1.27 )

In your browser, enter the IP Address as the URL.

User Name: admin
password: admin

On the left side, navigate to SYSTEM MANAGEMENT

Click DEVICE UPDATE

At the top where it says "Firmware Update
Select file to update firmware [BROWSE] ...."

Click BROWSE and add the file.    Then click UPLOAD

Once it reboots its done.

In the obitalk portal, you can delete the old device and add a new device.  Its should work with Google Voice using OAuth.

Thank you. It fixed my 110 problem, for now.

tazmo8448

Taps_ATL

I just did this, and it works. Thanks!

Quote from: yorktown on May 18, 2016, 09:37:23 PM
Found the solution on another thread for the Obi100. 

Download this firmware for the Obi110 http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw
(Yes, I know its for the Obi110 but it will work in the Obi100).

Then Reboot.

If you don't know how to install the firmware:

Dial * * * 1

It will give  you the IP Address:  192.168.XXX.XXX   (example 192.168.1.27 )

In your browser, enter the IP Address as the URL.

User Name: admin
password: admin

On the left side, navigate to SYSTEM MANAGEMENT

Click DEVICE UPDATE

At the top where it says "Firmware Update
Select file to update firmware [BROWSE] ...."

Click BROWSE and add the file.    Then click UPLOAD

Once it reboots its done.

In the obitalk portal, you can delete the old device and add a new device.  Its should work with Google Voice using OAuth.

Torovolt

@yorktown procedure of firmware upgraded worked for me.
Thanks ! :D

maggie7

I have a question...

All of a sudden, Obi stopped working with the same people you guys have been experiencing.

Unfortunately, the firmware that I have is up to date. I even went to the admin menu and uploaded the file manually... it just said my firmware was the same one I tried to upload.

I reset everything and still no luck.

Can someone help please?

SteveInWA

Quote from: maggie7 on June 15, 2016, 08:49:39 PM
I have a question...

All of a sudden, Obi stopped working with the same people you guys have been experiencing.

Unfortunately, the firmware that I have is up to date. I even went to the admin menu and uploaded the file manually... it just said my firmware was the same one I tried to upload.

I reset everything and still no luck.

Can someone help please?

Which model of OBi do you have?

What do you mean by "with the same people"?  Was that just a typo, and you meant "with the same symptoms"?

Pick up the phone attached to the OBi and key in ***0 then 1# and tell us the last 4 digits it reads back to you.

pcguru34

Updating the firmware did it for me.  I should have looked here before I reached out to Tech Support.  Oh well at least the ticket will be an instant close which should help there numbers.

Anyhow I wanted to thank all for the really useful information.

And raspberries to ObiTalk for trying to extort $10 from me.

FirmwareUpdate_110

>>Pick up the phone attached to the OBi and key in ***0 then 1# and tell us the last 4 digits it reads back to you.

Is there a document that list all these codes?

TIA

FirmwareUpdate_110

I downloaded the #2886 and did a manual update in the browser.  Then I found in the Dashboard that my phone is no longer connected.  I did a reconfig there-- during which I need to "Allow" ObiTalk to access mymessages, among other things.  Why is that necessary?  And does Obi keep that data?

Also before I updated, I backup "AA User Prompts" and "Configuration".  Do I need to restore those 2 files after my manual update of the firmware?

Also, I can't find a "logout" button in the browser config page.  Is there one?

TIA

drgeoff

Quote from: FirmwareUpdate_110 on June 19, 2016, 12:58:40 AM
>>Pick up the phone attached to the OBi and key in ***0 then 1# and tell us the last 4 digits it reads back to you.

TIA
Yes the Admin Guide has those and a lot more.
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf
http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.htm

FirmwareUpdate_110

Quote from: drgeoff on June 19, 2016, 01:55:21 AM

TIA

Thanks.  Is there also a pdf version of the FAQ [https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq]?

TIA

SteveInWA

Quote from: FirmwareUpdate_110 on June 19, 2016, 03:09:42 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on June 19, 2016, 01:55:21 AM

TIA

Thanks.  Is there also a pdf version of the FAQ [https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq]?

TIA

No.  Just read it in HTML form.

nicmart

Woke up to a non-functioning Obi 100 today and then to a screen selling support. The device has the current update, as ***6 confirms. I'm dead in the water. Apparently Obi decided to alienate a vast number of users in one fell swoop.

drgeoff

Quote from: nicmart on June 23, 2016, 05:50:03 AM
Woke up to a non-functioning Obi 100 today and then to a screen selling support. The device has the current update, as ***6 confirms. I'm dead in the water. Apparently Obi decided to alienate a vast number of users in one fell swoop.
Balderdash, poppycock, twaddle, nonsense.

Just download the 2886 firmware and update manually by following the 8nstructions in many posts on this forum.

bsdaiwa

I am not going to argue if OBi has the right to charge for updates but I do feel that they have the obligation and duty to inform customers who have purchased and supported there devices and service what their policy is on disabling or modifying a function/service on that device. OBi should remember that there are many companies that no longer exist because they disregarded their customer base and failed to adequately communicate. I don't want to lose OBi but they really need to step in here and speak to us.

In addition, future consumers need to understand what they are purchasing and how it will be supported.

devicedoc

yup.  had all the same problems.  Build 2886 seems to have repaired them. But first, trying to update FW was like a Mobius strip.   There was tons of Obi110 reboots and restarts.  Maybe 5-6 of them before 1.3.0 Build 2886 would download. 

You should also visit

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

you should probably make a call from your computer using GV (call your cellphone and answer it).

I have borrowed from a lot of peeps here.
like ShermanObi

This is very important or your Mbious loop will last forever, from
SteveInWA

a hero indeed !

If you don't have any other service providers already configured on your OBi box, the cleanest thing to do is to log onto the OBiTALK portal, and delete your OBi device off of your account.  Then, factory reset the device, and add it back again.
Otherwise, if you already have some other (SIP) SPs you wish to keep, and/or some custom settings, then log onto the OBiTALK portal and just delete the Google Voice SP(s) you had previously configured.
Open another tab in the same browser (CTRL-T).  Log onto your Google Voice account here:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones
Verify that you see the exact two words "Your number" on the left side of the page, not "Access Number" or "Get a number", which would indicate that you don't have your own GV number.
If you only want to place outbound calls via GV's service, using your OBi, then you don't need your own, dedicated inbound GV telephone number.  Otherwise, you must either get a GV number from Google's pool of available numbers, or port in a mobile phone number to GV.  In order to get a new GV number, you must also add at least one legitimate (paid, not freebie), working, US-based forwarding phone number to the list, that can receive a verification call from Google.  This is a fraud and abuse-prevention measure.  Once you've completed this step, you can optionally disable or delete the forwarding number used for verification.
Verify that you also have "Google Chat" listed as one of your forwarding targets on the list.  If you want to receive calls via GV on your OBi, you must have a check mark next to Google Chat.  If you are going to instead forward inbound calls to a SIP ITSP (Callcentric, Anveo, voip.ms, etc.) phone number, then don't check the Chat box, but instead, add and check-mark the SIP ITSP phone number to your GV forwarding phone list, and later, add it to your OBi as another Service Provider.
Important note regarding Chat:  Google Chrome Browser no longer supports Chat at all; neither does Microsoft's new Edge browser.  If you need to configure Chat, you must use another approved browser, such as Firefox, MSIE or Safari.

Wuwu

Talk about extortion - look at this reply OBI support gave me earlier AFTER I already paid the $10 and my 110 wouldn't take the update through their portal... Are they serious?!?!?!? Luckily I was able to perform a hard reset and do the update myself and the device is fine...

Here's their message confirming their continued acts of extortion:

Hi,

Your OBi does not want to get its firmware updated, perhaps it is already too old.

In the meantime, we have refunded your $10 support fee.

We suggest that you get an OBi200 device, available at amazon.com

-OBi Support

SteveInWA

Quote from: Wuwu on June 23, 2016, 04:45:36 PM
Talk about extortion - look at this reply OBI support gave me earlier AFTER I already paid the $10 and my 110 wouldn't take the update through their portal... Are they serious?!?!?!? Luckily I was able to perform a hard reset and do the update myself and the device is fine...

Here's their message confirming their continued acts of extortion:

Hi,

Your OBi does not want to get its firmware updated, perhaps it is already too old.

In the meantime, we have refunded your $10 support fee.

We suggest that you get an OBi200 device, available at amazon.com

-OBi Support

Well, I agree that they could have told you how to update it manually.  However, this indicates that you probably never updated the firmware to begin with, from the time you bought your device, and the build on the device was too old to be able to perform the update via the portal.  It's a good practice to keep your device updated in the future.

Wuwu

I have always kept my OBI devices up-to-date.  This recent maneuver by OBI is hogwash.

Is it possible to update the firmware manually via expert config and/or remotely while NOT on the same network the OBI is plugged in to?