News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail Indicator and Stutter Tone - Obi100

Started by cas4, May 20, 2016, 05:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cas4

I used my Obi100 with GV several years ago and switched for 2 years.  I'm back but now I'm having problems with the voicemail indicator.  At first my phones didn't indicate when I had voicemail - no envelope icon and no stutter tone.  I started messing around with the MWIEnable, X_VMWIEnable, MWIEnable, and VMWIEnable settings.  Now my phones always show the envelope icon indicating I have voicemail even though I don't.  Currently my settings are as follows:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone -> MWIEnable: Device Default
Physical Interfaces -> Phone -> VMWIEnable: Device Default
Voice Service -> SP1 Service -> MWIEnable: OBiTalk Settings
Voice Service -> SP1 Service -> X_VMWIEnable: OBiTalk Settings

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SteveInWA

Google Voice doesn't support MWI (the stutter tones) nor VMWI (the blinking light).

cas4

That explains why I don't get the stutter tone, but it doesn't explain why my phones, at first, didn't display a message indicator even when I did have one and now it always displays the "New Voice Mail" message.

SteveInWA

Do you mean that the telephone(s) attached to your OBi are stuck with a message waiting indicator?  If so, your phone should have a setting to reset the indication.

cas4

Thanks for the suggestion.  I reset my phone and the voicemail waiting indicator went off.  So now back to my original question, from what you are saying, GV no longer supports the stutter tone?  I thought they did at one point .  I know my phones would at least display the voicemail icon at one point, is that not supported either?  It's going to be a real pain not having any type of voice mail indication except for an email.

SteveInWA

That's correct; OBi devices used to support Google Voice MWI/VMWI, but the feature wasn't very reliable, and when the new authentication method was adopted, the feature could no longer be supported.

Instead, you can have Google Voice send a text message to a cell phone or tablet when you have a voicemail wating, and/or it can email you a transcript.

cas4

Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.