News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to setup so that international calls are auto routed to SP2 ( Voip.ms)

Started by sportflyer, March 12, 2016, 12:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportflyer

I am currently using GV on SP1 for US Canada calls
I have setup Voip.ms in SP2.

please suggest what code  to add to digit map to route international calls made from SP1 to SP2 ?

and can I do this via the obitalk portal or can I do this in local web portal .

New input:

After reading various threads ,the easiest solution for me is to  modify ITSP Profile A ( SP1) DigitMap by adding

<**2> in front of the 011xx.    I used Obitalk expert configuration to make the change.

I tested the solution  by dialing a UK test number : 011 441483604781 and then checking Voip.ms call log to be sure.

dave86

would you please tell me in detail where to change the digitmap in OBI expert configuration. I like to do the exact same things

dbdoshi

Quote from: dave86 on May 06, 2016, 01:50:26 PM
would you please tell me in detail where to change the digitmap in OBI expert configuration. I like to do the exact same things

I just got started on OBI bandwagon last week or so. So, I am not very knowledgeable. But you could also add the rule for international calls to your phone's Outboundcallroute. I think it is a more cleaner solution. All you need to do is add {(011xx.):spN}, where N is the service provider you are targeting.

The problem I see with the first approach is: Let's say, your default line for int. calls is SP2 and you add "**2" to your number to target SP2. Now, what happens if you actually want to dial int. calls through SP1 on a on-demand basis? You will probably have to change the config. But, if you simply add the rule to your Outboundcallroute, you can simply dial "**1" (or any other trunk) before you dial the int. number and you don't have to change any config.