News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call routing by suffix

Started by einfostar, July 06, 2011, 12:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

einfostar

I'd like to have the ability to choose which trunk to use by adding a suffix (like "#" or "*") at the end of the number.  For example, when I dial xxxxxxx I'd like to use SP1, but want to use SP2 if I add # at the end of the same number.  The reason is that I have the phone numbers stored in my phone, but sometimes I want to use SP1 to call and other times SP2 since SP1 and SP2 have different CID#.  How would I configure the outbound call route to achieve this?

RonR

A trailing # is already used in the OBi to signify the end of a dialing string.

The default outbound trunk is selected at : Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine

You can override the default outbound trunk selection using:

**1 + number  ->  SP1
**2 + number  ->  SP2
**8 + number  ->  PSTN Line
**9 + number  ->  OBiTALK

While it's possible to throw the current methodology out and define something totally different, it's not a trivial undertaking and I would recommend getting familiar with the current behavior first.

einfostar

What I am trying to do is to avoid the prefix (**1, **2, etc) since my numbers are stored in my phone and I cannot dial **2 and then add the number from the phone directly but to manually dial each digit, but I can always add something else at the end after I dial from my phone directory.  In my Linksys SPA3102 I can do this easily in the dialplan, and I suppose this should not be that hard to achieve in the call route configuration.

RonR

I haven't tested this or even thought it through very well, so it comes with no guarantees.  Hopefully, a trailing * will send calls to SP2 instead of SP1.

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|
<**2>1xxxxxxxxxx<*:>|<**21>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx<*:>|<**2>011xx.<*:>|
(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

einfostar

I tried that and it works perfectly.  Thanks RonR!

AmigaDude

Great idea guys, I like it.

Forgive me for being lazy, but what in this config is missing that would allow speed dials to be recognized?  If I try to use a speed dial, it works with # but gets a fast busy with the *.

Default = (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

RonR's = (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|<**2>1xxxxxxxxxx<*:>|<**21>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx<*:>|<**2>011xx.<*:>|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

RonR

AmigaDude,

I don't believe you're going to get this to work with Speed Dials.  While the PHONE Port DigitMap contains rules ([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]) to collect the one- or two-digit Speed Dials, the OBi has special case logic that recognizes those one- or two-digit dialed numbers as Speed Dials and does the actual substitution.  IOW, the Speed Dials are collected by DigitMap rules, but not processed by DigitMap rules.  If you append an * to the end of a one- or two-digit Speed Dial, it no longer qualifies as a Speed Dial to the OBi's special case logic.

AmigaDude

Thanks, I was just looking for a shortcut way to dial voice mail.

Speed Dial 1 = SP1 Voice Mail
Speed Dial 2 = SP2 Voice Mail

My default is SP1, so 1# takes me straight to Google's Voice Mail.  Still have not figured out a way to use Speed dial 2 yet.  Suffix dialing sounded GREAT, for a minute.   :(

RonR

If you use the following format in your Speed Dials, calls should always go exactly where you want them to:

Speed Dial 1 : SP1(18005551212)     // 18005551212 via SP1
Speed Dial 2 : SP2(18005551212)     // 18005551212 via SP2

DigitMaps are not used when TK() format calling is used, so format the number properly for the specified trunk.

You can also use normal overrides, such as:

Speed Dial 1 : 18005551212           // 18005551212 via PrimaryLine
Speed Dial 2 : **218005551212     // 18005551212 via SP2

Normal DigitMap processing applies in these cases.

AmigaDude

:o Thanks!

As I thought, I was being lazy.  Somewhere in those docs, that I have'nt looked at since .. ever, it surely explains what you have figured out.

Two problems fixed in one day.  (1) I can route by suffix, and (2) speed dial by prefix.  This is the best $50 I ever spent!!

You, my friend, are my hero of the month.  I suggest that Obihai put you on their payroll.