News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone not working constant buzzing sound please help

Started by shagan, July 06, 2011, 01:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shagan

Hi my obihai was working fine.  I went into my linksys ddwrt flashed router and tried to setup QoS.  Now my obihai + google voice setup isn't working and I do not get a dial tone.  Instead I just get a constant buzzing sound.  I factory reset the router, and its still not working.  My internet otherwise functions fine.  THe lights on the obihai 110 are as follows:  power light is solid, internet light occasionally flashes, and both phone line lights are solid. 

this is the only phone i have and its not working so please help if you can asap. thanks.

RonR

An OBi that is set to factory defaults, not configured, and not connected to the Internet or anything else other than a telephone on the PHONE Port should get dialtone and be able to reach the configuration menu at *** or the Auto Attendant at **0.  Try using a different telephone on the PHONE Port.  If there's still no dialtone, it would appear the OBi has failed.

earthtoobi

1.is the buzzing sound from Router or Obi? from the power adapter  or the device?
2.the line port light should not be solid if you don't have anything connected.
3. try logging in through device web ui and see the status