News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem with installing two OBI devices

Started by trish, June 07, 2016, 11:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trish

I have tried calling tech support and did not realize that there is no one to speak with.  I have send tech support requests via email and no one responds.  This is my last hope.

I have two OBI devices connected to my router.

1--OBI200 with an IP address and it works fine.

2--OBI202 I received yesterday..initially the IP address was different from the OBI200, but now both devices have the same IP address and I cannot get into the obiconnect using the orgional. IP address for the OBI202 (as they are using the same IP address)..  The both seem to be working but would like them separate, with separate IP addresses.  I was searching for codes, not the star coded for features, but codes for setting up this two devices.  I tried calling amazon on the OBI200 and it would not go through...it did on the OBI202. I called a different number on the OBI200 and it worked??confusing that is why I was trying to find out to separate the two, They have two different emails assigned to them as well.

I may mention on the OBI202 I think it said I could enter a different IP address, but I don't want to mess up the OBI200 that is working fine.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

drgeoff

You should NEVER have 2 (or more) devices with the same IP address plugged in to your router.  That is a fundamental rule for all IP equipment, not just OBi devices.

What do you mean by "two different emails assigned to them"?  It is your choice whether to have one obitalk account (Dashboard) with both devices in it, or two accounts with one in each.

ladyh

Yes I understand that I should not have more than one device with the same IP address. I don't know why the OBI202 automatically assigned the same IP address as the OBI200. I didn't do it.   I wanted to change it on the second OBI202 but didn't know if it would mess up the OBI200.

Two emails meaning, two google emails one for each OBI. I chose to have two OBI's and OBI accounts rtaher than one with two lines.  I just want to know if I can change the IP on the second device and that won't mess up the first OBI200?

Taoman

How did you determine both devices are using the same ip address? If both devices are working (at least to some degree) what you are describing should not be possible. Your router simply won't allow 2 different MAC addresses to use the same ip address.

When you dial ***1 on the OBi connected phone(s) are you saying both devices read out the exact same ip address? If so, I would think your router would be very upset by this turn of events. Anything interesting show up in your router log files?

zorlac