News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[Solved] Crash and Reboot with every dial attempt Obi 1032

Started by ToniG, June 08, 2016, 11:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToniG

My Obihai Obi 1032 phone will not accept any commands without crashing and rebooting. This problem started few weeks ago with having to manually reboot the phone to call out and now it has degraded to the point where it says it is not on my network and every time I try to cycle through a settings option of any kind it blanks the screen and reboots.

I have attached the phone to a different network that has a working Obi box and the problem is consistent.
I've done a factory reset and it's still having the same problem.

The phone is just completely non functional now. Freaking out as this is my business phone  >:(

SteveInWA

"He's dead, Jim".

I am almost certain that your phone has a hardware problem.  There's a small chance that its power supply has gone bad.  If you have another power supply with the same voltage and connector, you could try swapping it out.

As a final test, try this:  completely delete your phone off of your OBiTALK dashboard web page.  Then, on the phone, key in ***8 and then 1 to factory reset it.  After it resets, don't re-add it to the OBiTALK dashboard or do any other configuring of the phone.  Just try calling the OBiTALK echo test number:  **9 222 222 222 and see if the phone reboots.  If it reboots, it is defective.

ToniG

Thank you for the suggestion Steve. I will give that a try tonight. Let's hope it's an easy fix like that. I had the phone unplugged for about 20 minutes today and now it's just giving me a blue screen of death. :(

ToniG

SteveInWA you saved my sanity! I swapped out the power adapter as you suggested and that resurrected it! It's back to working perfectly again.

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions on this forum.  I was seriously losing it today not being able to call clients back from my office. Thanks again! Toni

SteveInWA

Hey, that's really cool!  I'm glad to hear that it was just a bad power adapter, and not a fried phone.

odyindfamily

Appreciate the all the help from this very valuable thread. I was able to upload the 2886 version firmware and get back in the GV game. Saved my $10 (who knows after 1 year how much more??)

Thanks

SteveInWA

Quote from: odyindfamily on June 11, 2016, 09:11:25 PM
Appreciate the all the help from this very valuable thread. I was able to upload the 2886 version firmware and get back in the GV game. Saved my $10 (who knows after 1 year how much more??)

Thanks

This discussion thread has nothing to do with your OBi 1x0 issue, but I'm glad you found the new firmware and solved your problem.