News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question about the AA1 Auto Attendant Service

Started by TTCP, June 12, 2016, 11:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTCP

Hi, I have some questions about the AA1 Auto Attendant Service.

Let's say, I call home from outside, and I defined the X_InboundCallRoute in the corresponding SP in my home OBI unit so that the Auto Attendant 1 answers this call.

Then the prompt says "Press 1 to continue this call......". My question is that: What will happen if I press 1? Will the phone connected to the Phone port ring as a result? Is there a way to define some customized inbound call routes in this situation, or is it hard-coded in the OBI unit so that only the Phone port will ring ( when pressing 1 in Auto Attendant answer )?

drgeoff

What are you trying to do?

You have the option of entering 2 to 'dial through' the OBi to another external number.

TTCP

What I mean is that, say I have 2 OBI units at home that are inter-connected. In OBI 1, I can program the SP1 inbound call route to ring the phone port, and also fork this inbound call to OBI 2, so the phone connected to the OBI 2 phone port will also ring.

But if I program the OBI 1 SP1 inbound call route to be "AA" only, then when I call OBI 1 SP1, auto attendant service will answer, and when I press 1, OBI 1 phone port will still ring, I guess. But OBI 2 phone port will not ring any more.

So how can I inject some inbound call route rules to alter the default OBI behaviour after I press 1 in Auto Attendant Answer?

drgeoff

I think what you want is not possible.  But I'm happy for anyone else to show that it is.

ianobi

This can be done, but involves bridging rather than forking. Keep in mind that the AA acts just like the Phone Port in most respects with its own DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

When Option 1 is chosen the OBi firmware sends a "0" to the AA Digitmap, which gets passed on to the AA OutboundCallRoute and matches this rule:
{0:ph}
This sends the call to the local Phone Port of OBi 1.

Assuming OBi 2 OBiTALK number is 200123456, then the call can be bridged to OBi 2 using this rule:

Voice Services > Auto Attendant > OutboundCallRoute:
... other rules here},{0:ph,pp(ob200123456)},{... other rules here ...
This sends the call to local Phone Port of OBi 1 and to the OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute of OBi 2. If you want the Phone Port of OBi 2 to ring then make sure that this is set:
Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute: ph
There may be other "Circle of Trust" rules trying to send an incoming call from OBi 1 to OBi 2's AA. That might get confusing!

If the call is now answered at OBi 2, then the call is bridged from OBi 1 to OBi 2. So some resources are in use in both OBi devices during the call.

You do not say how you do your forking or connecting. The above will work over any distance and uses the Obihai servers to connect the two OBi devices together. If the two OBi devices are in the same router subnet, then I prefer to keep things local and use the ip address / port of the target OBi something like this:

Voice Services > Auto Attendant > OutboundCallRoute:
... other rules here},{0:ph,sp2(201@192.168.1.10:30123)},{... other rules here ...

TTCP

Thanks a lot for the tips! Yeah, this is the information I have been looking for. It is not explicitly mentioned anywhere in the documentation.

When Option 1 is chosen the OBi firmware sends a "0" to the AA Digitmap, which gets passed on to the AA OutboundCallRoute and matches this (default) rule:
{0:ph}

Armed with this information, I now can program my Auto Attendant 1 OutboundCallRoute value anyway I want ( Modifying the default "{0:ph}" rule ).

Thanks!

drgeoff

I don't use the AA so hadn't noticed that 0:ph in the OutboundCallRoute.  Even if I had I'm not sure I would have realised its significance.

Well done ianobi and well done to Obihai for building such massive capability into their devices.

Now if only Obihai would add time base rules.  :)

ianobi

QuoteNow if only Obihai would add time base rules.

+1