News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Stopped working

Started by Tominct, July 07, 2011, 09:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominct

I have an Obi110.  I have kept up with the firmware updates.  I am now having a problem - my obitalk dashboard shows the device as offline.  When I click settings it shows google voice as connected.  Its been this way for a while since one of the firmware updates. Some settings were lost but I was still able to place Google voice calls using **1 prefix.  Staight dialing went to POTS.   Now, however, it no longer makes GV calls or POTS calls. 

I am one of the non technical users.  I know there are guys on this forum that know what all the options in the setup screen do and what happens if they change them.  I am not one of those guys.   It is possible that I screwed something up, but I pretty much leave this thing alone unless prompted to install a firmware update.

I suspect I need to do a reset to factor defaults and reset up - but since I am not sure of the underlyign problem not sure if that will solve the problem or not. 

RonR

The OBiTALK Web Portal has been unreliable for months when it comes to showing online and connected status.  As I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal for configuration, I can't speak to its reliability in that regard.

When you finally get your OBi configuration straightened out and everything set the way you want and it's functioning properly, I highly recommend you backup your configuration so that you can easily restore it should it ever become necessary.

To do this, you need to log into the OBi locally at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  Then go to:

System Management -> Device Update -> Backup Configuration

and check the 'Use OBi Version' checkbox following the 'Choose Backup Options' label.  Then click the Backup button following the 'Press Backup to Start Process' label.  You will be prompted to save a file to your hard drive named: backupHHHHHHHHHHHH.xml where HHHHHHHHHHHH is the hexadecimal MAC address of your OBi.  Save this file and replace it with a new one whenever you make changes to your OBi's configuration.

Should you ever need to restore the OBi's configuration, go to:

System Management -> Device Update -> Restore Configuration

and use the Browse button following the 'Select File to Restore Configuration' label to find your saved backupHHHHHHHHHHHH.xml file.  Then click the Restore button following the 'Press Restore to Start Process' label and your OBi settings will be restored.  You will need to reenter any passwords as they're not saved in the backup file.

Tominct

This is getting worse and worse.  I am trying to access the device via its web interface and it is not recognizing the password that I set up.  Could this have reverted to some default?  I am looking for the default userid and password (as shipped) and cant find them.  I am wondering if this thing is permanently screwed up. 

Tominct

Ok - it had reset to factory defaults.  I am back to zero.

Tominct

Back up.  Here is what I had to do.  First - I had to push the reset pin on the bottom of the device.  Next, I deleted my device off of the OBITALK page.  Then I added it back, including the **5 xxxx step.  Next I input my  google voice account and PW on the obitalk page and submitted it.  The device now shows as online and connected in obitalk.com. I can once again make calls  on GV as my primary outbound  and access the POTS using **8.  Life is good - again. Tom