News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1xxx Phone Firmware: 5.0.0 (Build: 3497.1311)

Started by Mango, October 02, 2016, 11:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mango

Has anyone tried 5.0.0 (Build: 3497.1311) which was released in June yet?  If no, anyone with an in-warranty phone want to take it for a spin?

I'm on build 3223 and noticed a couple of things that I'm hoping are fixed:

1) Sometimes an invalid number gets stuck on the line key.  If this happens three times, you cannot make any new calls without rebooting the phone.

2) No way to prevent firmware upgrade or factory reset or reboot in the GUI.

3) When speakerphone is muted, picking up the handset does not unmute the phone.

http://fw.obihai.com/OBiPhone-latest.fw?v=2

WelshPaul

Hi Mango,

I have an OBi1032 gathering dust from the Beta testing days. Just powered it up and updated it's firmware...

Quote from: Mango on October 02, 2016, 11:15:48 AM1) Sometimes an invalid number gets stuck on the line key.  If this happens three times, you cannot make any new calls without rebooting the phone.

Will get back to you on this!

I'm not seeing this issue. Have entered several different invalid numbers and every time the phone clears the call ok.

Quote from: Mango on October 02, 2016, 11:15:48 AM2) No way to prevent firmware upgrade or factory reset or reboot in the GUI.

Only thing I could find was: IP Phone > Phone Settings has a 'FactoryResetRequireAdminPassword' parameter.

No other options, including any way of preventing a firmware upgrade or a reboot of the phone.

Quote from: Mango on October 02, 2016, 11:15:48 AM3) When speakerphone is muted, picking up the handset does not unmute the phone.

Just called the OBiTALK echo test on speaker phone, muted the call and picked up the handset... The result? The call was still muted.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Mango

Thanks a lot for the help!  I believe you are correct on all counts, and I'm glad to see 1) seems to be solved!  Yay!

I upgraded my firmware and things went smoothly.